Thread: [RESOLVED] MS access 2010 detect system user

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] MS access 2010 detect system user

Hi VBA experts,

is it possible for access to detect system user name or ID ? as I would like to create a login dialog for access to capture the user by the PC user name.

Which mean it had to capture the PC user name instead of having a user id that was created in ms access.

If have, don't mind can share the codes ? because I have been searching the net for hours and I couldn't find any.

Thanks buddy

PowerPoster

Re: MS access 2010 detect system user

try
    = environ("username")
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Hyperactive Member

wow.. cool.. it works.. thanks buddy. if i will like to get the system PC password, will it be the same code?
    Last edited by Waka; Mar 29th, 2015 at 12:04 AM.

PowerPoster

no, you can not easily (if at all) recover the system password
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete