Thread: Has anyone ever heard of / used mario paint composer?

PowerPoster

Has anyone ever heard of / used mario paint composer?

Hi there folks. I have used a program called Mario Paint Composer which I think is a flash prog, and the kids love it. There are some things I would like to change to make it a bit easier for kids to use, but before I try it out, I was wondering if you could tell me if VB6 could do it.

This is in a nutshell how it works, but I encourage you to youtube to see it in action.

You have a toolbar of sound effects, you click on the one you want, then click on the staff where you want to put it. Where you put it on the staff /high/low, will affect how high low it is.

You can have multiple sounds on top of each other, so it plays multiple sound at once.

It has a sort of scrollbar, so when you press play it scrolls through the places where you put the sounds and plays them.

Is there anything that Vb6 might have a problem with as far as the multiple sounds?

Thanks!

PowerPoster

Re: Has anyone ever heard of / used mario paint composer?

Nope never heard of it.

PowerPoster

Other than describing what/how Mario Paint Composer is/works the only question you ask is Is there anything that Vb6 might have a problem with as far as the multiple sounds?

The best I can get out of your question is that you want to make your own version of this prog and you want to know if VB6 would have any problems with multiple sounds otherwise I don't understand the reason for your question.

If that is your reason then VB can do multiple sounds without too much overhead coding

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

He seems to be wanting to alter a flash program. I have never fooled with flash to speak of. I would not expect to be able to change it using VB though. I don't even know for sure if flash programs are scripted or compiled. If it is compiled then you would need the source and the compiler. I don;t think VB would enter into it anywhere.

PowerPoster

Yea. The original program came with a super nintendo game back in 1992. Someone made a flash game of it, and has abandoned its development for quite sometime. It is a shame because there is educational value in it, but it was made for a console, so the UI is not ideal when using it on a smartboard with kindergarten students.

I think I will need to build it from scratch.

PowerPoster

Didn't they have a fly squating game too
    Vb can easily do the same as that program the question is how well do you want it to look and be.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Max187Boucher View Post
    Didn't they have a fly squating game too
    Vb can easily do the same as that program the question is how well do you want it to look and be.
    Yes! That game was fun.

As far as the music program part. I don't really want it to look the same, but I do want to mimic the side scroll ability. When the user clicks play, the program would scroll through the staff, and wherever there was a note placed on it, would play the sound.