dcsimg

Thread: How to get DISPID of any dll or ocx?

How to get DISPID of any dll or ocx?

Hi,

How to get DISPID of any dll or ocx?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to get DISPID of any dll or ocx?

You can add the TypeLib Information reference to your project. From that, you can load typelibs from file or resource and walk thru the interfaces to find its members or use its GetMembers or GetMemberInfo functions. The members collection has a memberID which is the DispID. May want to search for examples of using that project reference. Without using that reference, APIs are available, but will not be easy to use

Note: The DISPID is not per DLL or per OCX. It is per interface function and function parameter for interfaces that inherit from IDispatch.
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Feb 27th, 2015 at 08:30 AM.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

PowerPoster

Perhaps the question needs more elaboration. If we knew what you need to do we might have more useful suggestions.

-- I guess that he wants the CLSID of any OCX/DLL at RunTime, hey???
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 32-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Ambra Pasta | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquior | Ambar Tavern |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...