Thread: [RESOLVED] How to setup an HttpListener in C++

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to setup an HttpListener in C++

In VB.Net code I have this:

Code:
    Private m_listener As HttpListener = Nothing
        Private Sub RequestRcvd(ByVal result As IAsyncResult)
            Dim context As HttpListenerContext = m_listener.EndGetContext(result)
            m_listener.BeginGetContext(New AsyncCallback(AddressOf RequestRcvd), Nothing)
    this is running in a proof-of-concept app. This VB.Net app calls C++ functions that analyze strings and put results into arrays. These arrays are processed in the VB.Net app after the C++ unmanaged functions are called.

At any rate - I want all of this in C++ now.

So the first part is how to call these types of functions - which are in HTTP.SYS I believe.

Can I somehow look at the function source for these .Net library functions?
    Last edited by szlamany; Feb 22nd, 2015 at 12:30 PM.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: How to setup an HttpListener in C++

Anyone here ever do http calls from c++???

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Hey szlamany. I would recommend looking at libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/) for HTTP requests. HTTP is only one of the protocols it supports, it's a neat library.
    Rate posts that helped you. I do not reply to PM's with coding questions.
    How to Get Your Questions Answered
    Current project: tunaOS
    Me on.. BitBucket, Google Code, Github (pretty empty)

Thanks for all those links.

Atheist - have you used libcurl in any fashion?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Yeah I have! It's the library for HTTP communication in C and C++
    Rate posts that helped you. I do not reply to PM's with coding questions.
    How to Get Your Questions Answered
    Current project: tunaOS
    Me on.. BitBucket, Google Code, Github (pretty empty)

Excellent - that is the whole reason I posted!!

Thanks!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008