Thread: How to make a Website use the Windows 8.1 (Windows 95 Compatiablity mode)

How to make a Website use the Windows 8.1 (Windows 95 Compatiablity mode)

Hello I am looking to use the Windows 95 Compatibility mode for my Website because I hate to use the Windows 8.1 mode, because it uses so much memory, looks stupid I feel and also that it isn't what I am looking to have for my Website. Please note that I am using OCX embed objects into XHTML Documents, then there is the problems with the way that Windows 8.1 handles my Website to the extent that I just cannot handle debugging my Website so much and then changing it to work with the new Operating System, even...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: How to make a Website use the Windows 8.1 (Windows 95 Compatiablity mode)

Windows 95 Compatibility mode for a website?
    What are you talking about??

Yeah, I need a Windows 8.1 programmer to help me with this one to make a Theme for my Website that includes Windows 95b Compatibility mode.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Not sure what you are asking but websites are handled by browsers and may be different under the same OS using different browsers. Windows 95 mode [if there was such a thing] would be very restrictive, so much so that pretty much no web site would even display. What was it Windows 95 used I.E. 3? or possibly 4 via updates? Even I.E. 6 will not load most websites today.

So Windows doesn't do anything special to handle the websites so much as the browser does and that varies based on the browser. A good website should be able to work with the latest versions of IE, Firefox and Chrome at the very least.

You don't need a Windows programmer, you need someone who builds web sites and for that VB6 is a very poor choice.

Frenzied Member

I wonder if you are talking about the 'compatibility' setting which used to be in IE9 referred to in post #2 here http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...VbCrLf-Anomaly

PowerPoster

You cannot force browsers to view in 95, you could make a 'Theme' but it would still be in IE9 (or 10 or 11) mode.

I think this is what you should do to debug your website

Name:  1111.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  30.1 KB

you can make it permenant via the registry.. or for webbrowser control in VB6 when you use .Navigate there is an option for a custom UserAgent

Code:
     WebBrowser1.Navigate "http://www.whatismyuseragent.com", , , , "User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 95)"

PowerPoster

But that is not really making the website do anything. That is assuming that the user is using a custom program to view the web site where as I understood the question was about a web site rather than a custom web browser program which means the end user could be using any web browser they choose.

Personally I would not use OCX controls either unless I absolutely had to as many if not most users will have those blocked and will not be able to view the page.

-- Then I could use the Forms to display no Border, then use an image to display the Windows 95b Border, as per say for instance...

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    -- Then I could use the Forms to display no Border, then use an image to display the Windows 95b Border, as per say for instance...
    Not sure what you are talking about. You were talking about "your website" now you seem to be talking about a Windows Forms app. They are not the same thing.

btw What is a Windows 95b Border? No idea what you are talking about there.

Sorry I was talking about 3D Borders that exist inside Windows 95 sessions. Also that I wanted to use them again inside my Website's VB Forms. Seeing that I have made Form Classes of my work and then placed them into OCX Controls and then embedded them into XHTML Documents, at that even. They really look good, if that I can float my Web Server, at that, even that I can't do seeing that this is a one man operation and than it really looks like I am killing my patient, at that!!

Are you really building a website usings ocx webforms?
    Is this for internal use only?
    You should really lookup html5 with css.

Well I am as such as making a Website using only OCX webforms, but then instead of making such a thing for internal usage only, I am making this type of thing to come into the Internet as a public website, at that. The only reason that I can give to you why I am doing this, is that it is something that I have for a longtime been able to think up on, and then here I am working out as a professional career, as such and then the like...

PowerPoster

Creating a public website using only ocxs is a bad idea, trying to force a users PC into some old 95 mode is an even worse idea. Definitely not the way a professional should do things. You should be looking to the future not 1995

PowerPoster

Using custom controls (VB6 UserControls in OCXs) is really only viable for intranet sites, and even then you face obstacles getting browser security settings adjusted to permit it. Not only that, they don't even work in an intranet when somebody uses the Win8+ "Metro IE" or a 3rd party browser.

There just isn't any reason to fight this uphill battle today. For public use they're effectively dead, and for intranet use why cripple users with something browser-based in the first place?

All I can imagine is that you face some sort of deployment obstacles preventing you from using a nice, normal, responsive client application instead of some browser-based ajaxy stuttering pig of a web application - like VBForums for example has become.

Well it all began back in College when I had been able to pass my first assignment my Teacher had taken me aside and then said to me that I could be able to make better programs and applications, when I have made a HTML Document and then linked them up to a EXE using the WebBrowser Control. In which my first small program application had been designed, as per say.

PowerPoster

I hope that was over 15 years ago, because that fad fell out of fashion when we entered the 21st Century.

I am unable to make a skin theme for my Windows 8.1 Forms, so then I am going to have to try something else, in fact is there any takers on that???

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    I am unable to make a skin theme for my Windows 8.1 Forms, so then I am going to have to try something else, in fact is there any takers on that???
    What are you talking about now? Websites are not Windows 8.1 forms, they are HTML and may be handled differently by different browsers.

As for the OCX stuff. I can only speak for myself but if I were to go to a web site that tried to install a bunch of ocxes or even one ocx that I was not familiar with I would not allow it and not return to that web site.

I have used Visual Basic Forms to be added to OCX's by calling them Form Classes. Then they are called upon a Click or even Initialize event handlers. As for the Themes that I am trying to find over the Internet, yes for free. I am a free not for profit organization and then that means that I cannot pay for anything other than software, hardware and utilities at that.

But TheEiMp, for at least a decade websites are not built with OCX component, the only exception being Flash for online games or video streaming.
    So why do want to create a website built on OCX components? Modern browsers block all content with OCX dependencies.

Really, but then I have found a way to make that possible to run OCXs using just about any WebBrowser.

I'm using Win 8, it was really good, I think you should upgrade your computer needs to

---------------------------------
    OdeToFood
    Last edited by chuotpatin1; Feb 17th, 2015 at 11:25 AM.

-- I have upgraded my software but not my hardware, as of late. I am waiting for Windows 10 to begin a complete system rethink...

Well I just thought that it could look better, being able to be dressed a lot nicer in the terms of the Windows9x Forms and then not of the Windows 64-Bit Forms. Seeing that the early Forms were made in a 3D design and then the later ones were or just are 2D and then they lead nothing to the eye and that is what I am trying to get rid of, like the Apple Mac Buttons which is just an white oval with a black outline along side that they just have a small simple written text, that is only in black colour, as per the Windows Buttons, they are in 3D and they have something that means that they were given the better judgement of the graphic designer that had made them, in the very first place, even...

All the best with your website based on OCX components.
    I'm not aware of any website or webdeveloper using that technology.
    It's all about HTML5 and CSS, also for the UI

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/c...-ui--net-23078