dcsimg

Thread: Register/Unregister both DLLs and OCXs with RightClick

Hyperactive Member

Register/Unregister both DLLs and OCXs with RightClick

I used a vbscript provided by Olaf to register vbRichClient5, changed it a bit, and added 4 entries to registry.
    Now I'm able to register/unregister both DLLs and OCXs with a simple RightMouse click over the file.

This probably worth less than nothing, but it works for me, and might be useful for somebody else.
    Just copy Register.vbs to C:\Windows (or anywhere else within PATH environment variable) and double click Register.reg to add it to the Registry.

Register.zip
    Last edited by Carlos Rocha; Aug 21st, 2016 at 01:27 PM.

Lively Member

Re: Register/Unregister both DLLs and OCXs with RightClick

I did attempt this . It didn't change anything. I still get the same result when double right click on the dll file.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by marv@stinson View Post
    I did attempt this . It didn't change anything. I still get the same result when double right click on the dll file.
    I guess it was a typo: you don't "double right click", you just RightClick on the dll file and select Register from the context menu.
    It works for me in Win 10, Win 7 and Win 8.1, both 32 or 64 bit.
    Carlos

Lively Member

Sorry, i did mean right click. When I do I get the usual message "do you want to run this" and when I click OK I get the r]frame with the red circle and nothing else. This happens on both systems. I am going for a modification that does not require the dll in question. As a novice I often get hung up on thing like this. Thanks for the response