Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into 3D printing?

Re: Anyone into 3D printing?

Here is the thing: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:29263

And I used Cura

I sliced it and then saved the GCode to a SD card, then printed from SD.
    My usual boring signature: Something

PowerPoster

I am pretty sure the problem is in the slicer settings, I don't think it's one setting... it's probably a combination of things. The legs seem to be printed OK, and problems appear when something changes, then everything gets shifted... weird... I have seen that before, even on my printer too, but not that dramatic. I can't tell you what to change because I never used Cura before.

The resolution of the print is pretty bad, so that's maybe because you set the nozzle size wrong entered in the settings? or the layer height wrong? If the nozzle size is 0.4 mm, then your highest layer height should be 0.3 mm. This is because the plastic needs to be squished a little bit. If you set the layer height smaller, then your printer needs to be calibrated very well, so don't do that yet...

Also measure your filament size in couple of places with a digital caliper, make an average, and enter the value in the slicer, it looks like it extrudes too much plastic.

Also, try a different slicer... just to compare results...

The filament is 1.75mm. I don't remember changing the nozzle size. I will have to check everything when I get home and try for another print.

What slicer do you recommend? I have heard of Slic3r.

PowerPoster

There is a difference between how the filament is supposed to be, and actual... My filament I supposed to be 3 mm, but when I measure it, it is actually 2.9 mm (on average), it actually varies between 2.85 and 2.95 mm.
    It makes a small difference, but sometimes noticeable.

But it makes a very big difference if the nozzle size is wrong in the slicer. For example when I tried to 3D print using Slic3r, the default there was 0.5 mm and when I printed it was very ugly print, and it took me a while to figure it out. The nozzle size on my printer is 0.4 mm.

Another slicer that I tried was KISSlicer, and I got pretty good results, but still not to my liking.

The slicer that I started with, and still use it after I tried Slic3r and KISSlicer, is Skeinforge. This is an old slicer, it's very slow!! It takes minutes to slice and generate the G code, but I got used to it, and I get my prints looking good. It is probably the slicer that is the most difficult to lean!! the interface is very basic, pages and pages of settings, nothing fancy.... It is written in Python, so you have to install Python first. Now I see that they have a "Portable Skeinforge", just found out about it
    Last edited by CVMichael; Sep 8th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

I would love to get into 3D printing, but where I live right now, I just don't have the space for it.

I should try and look for nearby places that have 3D Printers. Can't imagine what I'd print out, except a clumsy attempt at a Sega MegaDrive case for my Raspberry Pi(s).

Thats the only thing I have printed so far. But I intend do us it to print miscellaneous parts for my bar project. brackets, PCB, and component holders. Should be interesting.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by kregg View Post
    I would love to get into 3D printing, but where I live right now, I just don't have the space for it.

I should try and look for nearby places that have 3D Printers. Can't imagine what I'd print out, except a clumsy attempt at a Sega MegaDrive case for my Raspberry Pi(s).
    Seriously? you just need an empty table, for the printer, and maybe some boxes (to put under the table) for the spools of plastic.

There are so many things that you can 3D Print! Just go on Thingiverse and search for a few things. I got the printer in February this year, and I printed hundreds of things / (pieces of things...). The folder with my 3D Printing stuff has 650 files, and 900 MBytes, that's only Sketchup files, STLs, and G code files. This doesn't mean I 3D printed 650 thing... many files are versions of the same thing, and there are also files that I never got to print. But I probably 3D printed at least 50 things... For example the train tracks are like 20 separate pieces (but that is one "thing")

For example this is the last thing I 3D Printed: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:157145
    and this for my son: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:157988

Now I am working on making some custom LEGO parts. I am testing with a 2 by 4 piece of lego, when I get that to fit exactly with real LEGO pieces, then I will make custom ones.

I am very close:
    Name:  2015-09-06 20.50.23 b.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  31.8 KB

The yellow piece is 3D printed, the rest are real LEGO. The problem is that when I insert a real LEGO on top of the 3D printed one, it does not go all the way in... The bottom side of the 3D printed one fits perfectly on real LEGO.

Here is another thing that I started on, but don't find the time to finish:
    Name:  2015-07-13 01.26.21 b.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  54.7 KB

That is the beginning of an omni wheel robot that is 100% designed by me The "brains" will be a Raspberry PI

Anywyas... there are tons and tons of things that I want to 3D print, but don't have enough TIME to do everything I want!! I WANT MORE TIME !!!!!!
    Last edited by CVMichael; Sep 8th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.

The upcoming 4D printer introduces TIME - you are in luck.

Start saving now!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    The upcoming 4D printer introduces TIME - you are in luck.

Start saving now!
    That's funny I actually know what you are talking about

Yes, hopefully, soon they will make affordable and faster 3D printers. I know they have faster ones, but not affordable yet

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    Thats the only thing I have printed so far. But I intend do us it to print miscellaneous parts for my bar project. brackets, PCB, and component holders. Should be interesting.
    Any updates? did you manage to calibrate your printer?

If you have problems, maybe I can help?

By the way, I did some research into Cura, and found that the backend of it is actually an improved version of the Skeinforge slicer... So I want to switch to Cura, since the settings are very similar to Skeinforge.

I calibrated the print bed again, but haven't had an opportunity to calibrate the software. I will be playing around with it this weekend to make sure its working ok.

PowerPoster

Check out my latest creation: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1119885

Name:  blight.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  12.2 KB

Took me a few days to design it, and about 25 hours of total 3D printing time.

The base (the part that gets mounted on the wall) takes about 2 hours to print, and it needs 2 pieces, so 4 hours.
    The cover of the base takes about 5 hours and a half each, so 11 hours.
    The green parts takes about 15 minutes each, and it needs 8 pieces, so about 2 hours
    Finally, the outside cover, takes about 2 hours to print, and it needs 4 pieces, so another 8 hours

After that you have to trim some of the excess plastic, and glue some of the parts together. From start to finish took me a week

Cool,

So if you made $20.00 (US) an hour you'd have to charge $1,600.00 plus consumables for it.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

~T

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

From start to finish took me a week
    Soooo, when you gonna start mass production?
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

Well, it took me a week from start to finish because I have a full time job, so I worked on it after my day job...

For mass production, it would be nice if I could have my own warehouse, and have a few hundred 3D printers, and of course a few more people to help me. Setting up the printer also takes some time.
    But with one printer (in my living room), I can do things for myself easily. For someone else, I would charge a little extra just to make it worthwhile (for the time I spend on it also). So for this bathroom light, I would charge $100. So your better to just buy a regular bathroom light... Unless you want to personalize it, I don't see the point to 3D print it.

This is why I think it's better for everyone to just get their own 3D printer (just as we have printer for paper), and design and 3D print your own things.
    3D printers are already becoming very cheap, on HobbyKing you can get a decent 3D Printer for $300: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._Printers.html (there are even cheaper ones, but I don't think they are good quality)

By the way... There are also websites where you can submit the 3D object, 3D print it, and ship it.
    Also, there are websites where you can search for people that have 3D printers, and you can go pick it up, like this: https://www.3dhubs.com/

That is why I think that the current state of 3D printing is best used for prototyping product.
    Like any good manufacturing engineer one needs to re-design the prototype for ease of manufacturing and lowering cost.

If you already have a CAD file you used for 3D printing that can be pulled into a decent solid modeling program and
    tweeked to be die cast. Production time and cost plummet after that.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

~T

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    I calibrated the print bed again, but haven't had an opportunity to calibrate the software. I will be playing around with it this weekend to make sure its working ok.
    It's been a while... did you get your printer to work?

Lately I am doing research into making my own SLA 3D Printer. Many people already have done it with very cheap parts. Actually the most expensive parts (that they usually don't include in the parts list) is the DLP projector, and the resign for 3D printing.

Some SLA 3D printers use LASERs, but it's much more difficult to make one and they are very slow. The new SLA 3D printers use DLP projectors, and those 3D printers are really easy to make.

If you use an old style projector (with a light bulb), then you have to remove the UV filter, and color filters, and you are good to go. If you are using LED projector, then you have to replace the LED with a UV LED, and that is not as easy to do...

The down side of projector with light bulb is that the light bulb has a very short life, and the projector itself is big. LED projectors last much longer, they are small, but the original LED does not emit UV light at all, so the LED has to be replaced with a UV LED.

The reason why many are making SLA 3D printers, is because it's really easy to make, it has only one axis (up/down), and everything else is static. SLA 3D printers can print really small parts, check this out: http://www.buildyourownsla.com/forum...php?f=7&t=3812 Awesome stuff!

Here is a forum specifically for building your own SLA:
    http://www.buildyourownsla.com/forum/

Here is examples of DIY SLA 3D Printers:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Litt...nder-500-proj/
    or
    https://3dprint.com/72462/instructab...imera-dlp-sla/

The cheapest resign I found is this (1 liter for $55):
    https://makerjuice.com/

I am still looking for a good LED projector, I found pretty cheap ones, but I worry about their quality:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/7000-Lumens-...-/111995464484
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3000-Lumens-...-/191610090490

Here's how I plan to make my SLA 3D printer:
    A Raspberry PI (2 or 3) to slice the STL object, and for video output to plug in the Projector. The Raspberry PI can also be connected to stepper motor driver to move the tray up/down. I will use my current 3D printer to print the parts to hold everything together. I need to get linear rails (but anything that is straight will do), threaded rods I already have, stepper motors I already have. I need a get a LED projector and a UV LED, and do the switch to use the UV LED, hopefully I can do it.
    Someone already did the same thing: http://www.buildyourownsla.com/forum...php?f=3&t=3772 -> http://www.nanodlp.com/download/

What do you guys think? who's with me? lets make an SLA 3D printer! and share ideas!

PowerPoster

Wow, you guys are boring!

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

3D printers are too small so you are always limited to developing small items.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Yes and No...

My 3D printer is 20cm x 20cm x 20cm (20 cm cube). So far only one time I needed to print bigger, and in cases like that, you can always split the object in parts, and then glue or use screws, or you can even fit together by force/friction.

For example I designed a boat that is 52 cm long, I split the hull in 3 parts:
    Name:  Screenshot from 2016-06-13 18:28:57.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  16.8 KB

This is how it looks like 3D printed, I did not glue the parts together because I have to re-print the bottom section. (I printed it at too high temperature, and it cracked in multiple places)
    Name:  2016-06-13 18.30.19b.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  45.1 KB

Another example, this quad-copter that I designed and 3D printed: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:748749
    From motor to motor, there is 37 cm, but all the parts fitted with spare room on my 3D printer.

When you design something for 3D printing, you always have to think how to rotate & position the object, and how you have to split the object in parts so that you can print it successfully. For example, it's best if you always have a flat surface. But if you don't, you can split it in half to have that flat surface, or there is always the option to enable "support", this will tell the printer to print something (like a grid), so that you can print your object on top of it.

As I said before, very rarely you need to print something bigger than 20cm cube. So far, the 20cm cube size was good enough for me, and I 3D printed quite a lot of things
    Last edited by CVMichael; Jun 13th, 2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Fixing attachments

only because you're thinking small...
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ng%20a%20house

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    only because you're thinking small...
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ng%20a%20house

-tg
    Close enough I guess lol

I want to 3D print a wheel for my car But not in plastic as it would be too weak
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

At Maker's Fair last year in Detroit, they had printer which was a good few feet (maybe 10?) high. They had made chairs, trash cans (!) and a few other items. They had it for sale, and they would ship it to you...can't recall the price.
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

PowerPoster

The problem with a large print surface is the print bed temperature, and enclosure. Depending on the material you need to print with (PLA, ABS, Nylon, PET, flexible, etc.), some materials don't really need a heated bed, but for others is a must. For example PLA can be printed without a heated bed, but for ABS it is almost impossible to print without a heated bed. ABS is very sensitive to temperature changes. The printed bed has to be at least 100 degree Celsius(I print ABS at 120 degree Celsius), and the nozzle has to be at least 230 degree Celsius. The printer has to be enclosed in a case because any cold breeze with cause the object to shrink rapidly and the object will crack. That's why I have to re-print the bottom section of my boat (in my previous post).

So.. the bigger the 3D printer the more difficult it is to control the print bed temperature, and ambient temperature. So big printers most likely cannot print with ABS plastic.

PLA does not have the shrinking problem with temperature changes, so you don't need a heated printed bed (I still print at 70 degree Celsius so that it sticks better), and you don't need an enclosed 3D printer because temperature changes don't affect it that much.

So printers that have a large print surface, most likely they print only in PLA (or materials with very low shrinkage coefficient)

Check this out to see how many different filaments are available:
    http://nicklievendag.com/filament-guide/

Great info guys!

I remember reading that they also have carbon fiber filiment? Only found this one blend so far:

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

Nice! I saw a YouTube video a while ago about carbon fiber filament, I don't think it was out at that time.

I found the website where they sell it: http://learn.colorfabb.com/colorfabb-xt-cf20/

They say that the filament erodes the nozzle (the thing that melts the plastic), and I also found they have a "value pack" with the filament together with a hardened steel nozzle
    http://colorfabb.com/xt-cf20-e3d-hardened-steel-set

My latest upgrade to my 3D printer was a E3D-v6 hotend, so this fits perfectly on my 3D printer
    Last edited by CVMichael; Jun 14th, 2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Correction: nozzle (not hotend)

I'm working on a 3D printer that prints a 4D printer.

Well - it's about time!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Speaking of 4D printing....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78I-...pLaHONfSYCX0RH

That's pretty cool.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

What have you guys been up to? it's been more than a year!

I've been working on a big 3D printer. It's 400x400x400 mm, very fast printer! Right now it prints in one color, but I will add a diamond extruder (that's just the name of it, it's actually made of copper), so I will be able to print in 3 colors (or materials). It auto calibrates with a touch sensor, this is the best part! calibration is difficult and time consuming on most printers. It has a 1200 watts silicone heater for the printing bed, it heats up in just a few seconds. 2 power supplies, one for 12V and another for 24V (motors are on 24V). In front, there is a Raspberry PI with a wide angle camera that takes a picture every second or 2, and when printing is done, I can make a time lapse movie from the images (I will upload a timelapse later if anyone wants to see).
    I will also enclose the printer with transparent acrylic sheets, for printing materials sensitive to temperature changes (like ABS for example)
    I spent about 4 to 5 months to build it, and over $2,000.
    The design is 100% made by me, I did not copy anything from anyone.
    I still have to work on it a little to organize the electronics on the back of it, and hide those wires somehow.

Here are some pics:
    Name:  20170921_041808.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  20170921_041836.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  20170907_083050.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  53.0 KB

That is a thing of beauty! Great work!

I would love to see a time lapse video of this machine in action!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

This is the only time lapse I have so far. As I 3D print more stuff, of course I will make more time lapses.

Here it was printing a part for itself. It's actually the part that is holding the touch sensor (BL Touch). The original part was pushing the extruder fan too much down, and the sensor itself was too much up. I used some washers to lower the sensor. But with the new design of the part, now everything is the way it's supposed to be

In this video it was taking pictures every second, then I converted about 4,000 images to 24 frames / second movie:

https://youtu.be/C8WcyL8OSA0

I replaced the original Raspberry PI camera with a wide angle 160 degree camera, fisheye lens, so future time lapses will show the entire printing surface.
    Last edited by CVMichael; Sep 24th, 2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Speaking of 4D printing....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78I-...pLaHONfSYCX0RH

That's pretty cool.

-tg
    TG

Cool indeed.

Just my luck, I guess .. when I just ran the link, it started with an ad for Poo Pourri.
    It starts with a cute chick sitting on a loo.
    At first, I didn't realize it was an ad and figured you had "poo'ed" us.
    But then I noticed the ad timer winding down and the "Skip this ad" option.
    Nonetheless, I actually watched the entire 2-minute ad.

It is, sadly, (ahem) 4th-D dependent. When I ran the link a second time, a different ad came up.
    What would be really cool would be to find a link to the poo-ad.

EDIT-1

CV .. cool, too, but what the hey did you 3D?

EDIT-2

CV .. oops, you already told us.
    I missed that bit at first, but just took the time to read the entire thread.
    This is truly serious stuff ..

(Well, aside from Bonker and SZ, which is initially as far back as I read .. )

Spoo
    Last edited by Spooman; Sep 23rd, 2017 at 05:37 PM.

PowerPoster

Here is another time lapse.
    The whole print took about 4 hours an 20 minutes, but unfortunately the Raspberry PI ran out of disk space when the print was about 75%

This was recorded with my new wide angle camera

https://youtu.be/3JydZqwuVB4

This is an extension for my shower. The original is too close to the wall, so with this 3D print, I can stick the shower head further. The shower is a Moen magnetix
    Name:  20170924_130833b.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  22.3 KB
    Last edited by CVMichael; Sep 24th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Again - very nice. I see that people are monetizing these printers now as well - have you considered making income from production of whatever you can?

btw - I had to dig hard to find the video link - not visible in the post to me, at any rate. I had to REPLY WITH QUOTE to find it...

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Really? The video is not embedded in the post? I edited the 2 posts, and put the link to the videos also...

As for monetising... well, now I have 2 printers (the old one that I have since Feb 2015, and the big one I just built). The problem is that they are noisy. It does not bother us that much if it prints for an hour or 2 every few days, but if it would print constantly, everyone in the house would go crazy! If I had a house, with a basement, or at least another room dedicated for 3D printing... but right now everything is in the living room, it takes a lot of space, and it's noisy.

The way I am trying to make money with it: My father's company is interested to build 3D printers, but they know nothing about them. I am trying to finish my big 3D printer, and take it there for a few days to teach them, and try to figure out how to make more of them, and sell them. But of course it has to look professional, reliable, and to have something that you cannot find "out there" with the same price... it's a long way to go.. but hopefully we can make some money this way.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spooman View Post
    Just my luck, I guess .. when I just ran the link, it started with an ad for Poo Pourri.
    It starts with a cute chick sitting on a loo.
    At first, I didn't realize it was an ad and figured you had "poo'ed" us.
    But then I noticed the ad timer winding down and the "Skip this ad" option.
    Nonetheless, I actually watched the entire 2-minute ad.

It is, sadly, (ahem) 4th-D dependent. When I ran the link a second time, a different ad came up.
    What would be really cool would be to find a link to the poo-ad.

I'd sat THAT video is embedded.

BRAVO Victor
    Last edited by Spooman; Sep 30th, 2017 at 04:42 AM.

PowerPoster

From 3D printing to poop; not happy with the direction this thread turned to.

But anyways, here's my latest update:

I made a DIY touch probe, and a program in C++ to control my 3D printer, and now I can scan objects into 3D.

To test, I scanned a $2 coin, here's how the scan turned out:

Name:  2 dollar coin.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  67.3 KB

I scanned the coin in a 0.15mm grid, about 42,000 points, and it took about 8 hours to run

Here's my printer in action:
    https://youtu.be/9lPobTaEvIE

I also uploaded the 3D scan on Thingiverse if anyone wants to check it out: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3366129

Lively Member

Hi @CVMichel, i am into 3D printer, robotics and others in VB6 but i am will be make more in few months, not now, i am need time, but, a good thing i think, is a 3DGraphicsLibrary PureVB6 to help in 3D projects.
    if you know some library in pureVB6 or like help in port other library to vb6 i am like help in this project.

i am have 3d printer but is in a box, never used, i am making my apps first.
    i think colaboratives threads for projects of Robotics, 3d, cnc, etc in vb6 is a good idea.
    it is a new age of Makers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast