Thread: Crystal Reports and Exporting to Excel

Crystal Reports and Exporting to Excel

The accounting software that my company makes uses Crystal Reports Viewer ver 8.5

We often host the software for our clients... On a new setup, when reports are Exported to Excel 2010 - instead of seeing $0.00 we are seeing <Default Format>

My developers wrote the following to resolve the issue.

Note: Steps to resolve error related to this issue:

1) Open the report file with Crystal Reports.
    2) Select all amount fields of the report, right click on it and select "Format Field".
    3) Click on "Customize".
    4) Change the field "Show Zero Values as:” from <Default Format> to zero or manually type 0.00 if needed trailing zeros(decimal format).
    5) Click "OK" and save the report.

Six Million Dollar question - when I do the same export on my local machine running Win 7 and Excel 2010 - I don't have the issue with seeing <Default Format> .

The way my brain works makes me think there is a setting in Excel that would cure this... That would be a lot easier than having to tweak RPT files.

If it makes any difference, the Server is running Win Server 2003 and only has Excel and Word 2010 installed... My local Win 7 machine has the whole Office 2010 Pro installed.

Thoughts and Suggestion would be appreciated.

Frenzied Member

Re: Crystal Reports and Exporting to Excel

It could be anything about office/excel libraries
    But IMHO those are bugs resolved in newer version of Crystal Reports
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Thanks for the feedback.... We'll be upgrading Crystal in our next release.

Still can't help but wonder why my local setup doesn't have the same problem.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

PowerPoster

If you feel maybe this could be related to the way Excel has been configured, you will probably get more help by posting your question in MS Office forums. Just a thought.

Thanks for the thought... I think it'll take an experienced Crystal person...

Most Crystal people know Office.... but not many Office people know Crystal.

I did fail to mention in my original post that I compared the settings between the machines and did find any differences.

PowerPoster

If thats the case then I would try here, http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center
    I fine their site very difficult to work with but this is where you'll fine the best CR experts. This is where I've gotten answer to my most difficult CR questions. The hardest thing is figuring out how to create a ne thread and post a question. You will probably have to become a member.

Thanks... I joined http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum yesterday and am still waiting to be approved
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

PowerPoster

I don't know anything about that web site. Is there some reason you don't want to use the official sap forum?