You's Stupid

What is 9 + 10?

Re: You's Stupid

I only have 10 fingers!!

Use those toes of yours.

9 + 10 = 10 + 9
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

9 + 10 = 15 + 4
    Regards,

â„¢

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

lim x -> 9 f(9) = 9 + 10

You's Stupid
    I think you might be on to sumptin.

PowerPoster

Well, the answer is 21 of course.
    (Kid's a bored genius and gave the answer in "base 9" without breaking stride <g>)

Olaf

Base...9?
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    Base...9?
    Ok, hint: Hex is "base 16", Binary is "base 2"

Olaf

Latin for nine is non as in nonagon. ninesided.
    So I guess base 9 would be a non base.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

~T

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    Well, the answer is 21 of course.
    (Kid's a bored genius and gave the answer in "base 9" without breaking stride <g>)

Olaf

Olaf
    I see you're saying the "presumed" dad is asking, giving the numbers in base 10, and the kid is answering in base 9.

I was thinking it from the other perspective, being 9 can't be in base 9, so the kid is thinking the question is asked base 12, and is answering in Base 10 for the dad.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by passel View Post
    I see you're saying the "presumed" dad is asking, giving the numbers in base 10, and the kid is answering in base 9.

I was thinking it from the other perspective, being 9 can't be in base 9, so the kid is thinking the question is asked base 12, and is answering in Base 10 for the dad.
    Whatever works - perhaps most of us just want him desperately, to be right...

Olaf

Olaf
    Hint: Base 2 doesn't contain the 'symbol' 2, base 16 doesn't contain the symbol '6', so does base 9 contain the symbol '9'?

"Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    Hint: Base 2 doesn't contain the 'symbol' 2, base 16 doesn't contain the symbol '6', so does base 9 contain the symbol '9'?

<sigh> - he answered 21 - and the symbols '21' do not contain any 9.

So he could have meant his answer as being from base 3 onwards.

Olaf

Hey he was half way to 42 and that's a number of truly epic proportions...

It's all about the base, bout that base...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
    Latin for nine is non as in nonagon. ninesided.
    So I guess base 9 would be a non base.
    So does that mean being able to think in base 9 is just non sense?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Is this one of those threads where people only post when they're high ?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Name:  5534dc946c381785cfd458a6b5e0b7f027762bbe430c1491b00d7c9eed0781d0.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  37.5 KB

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    So does that mean being able to think in base 9 is just non sense?
    Dunno... we never saw all his fingers...

Olaf

Well, everybody avoided saying 19. So, given this group, everybody immediately jumped to an assumption of the question that resulted in ANY answer other than 19, because 19 is "just what they'd be expecting us to do".

All questions are contextual. If the context isn't provided, then nearly any answer is right in some context. Occam's Razor would hold that 19 is the most right answer for the initial question.

Occam's Bong would hold that Niya had the most right answer on this one.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

buzz kill

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Occam's Bong would hold that Niya had the most right answer on this one.
    Do I get a prize ?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

I am so disappointed ... all this talk about base and not one all your base reference... NOT ONE!

Name:  AllyourBase.png
Views: 492
Size:  5.2 KB

There. Now all is right with the universe.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Name:  our_base_is_under_a_tack_by_Rony9844.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  77.2 KB

Fanatic Member

10+9 = 119

Because:

a = 10
    b = 9

c = abs(a - b) * 10^(abs(floor(ln(a+b))) + a + b

Example:

c = abs(10 - 9) * 10^(abs(floor(ln(10+9))) + 10 + 9
    c = 1 * 10^(abs(floor(2,94439)) + 19
    c = 1 * 10^(abs(2)) + 19
    c = 1 * 10^2 + 19
    c = 1 * 100 + 19
    c = 119
    Last edited by Justa Lol; Jan 23rd, 2015 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Lol View Post
    10+9 = 119

Because:

a = 10
    b = 9

c = abs(a - b) * 10^(abs(floor(ln(a+b))) + a + b

Example:

c = abs(10 - 9) * 10^(abs(floor(ln(10+9))) + 10 + 9
    c = 1 * 10^(abs(floor(2,94439)) + 19
    c = 1 * 10^(abs(2)) + 19
    c = 1 * 10^2 + 19
    c = 1 * 100 + 19
    c = 119
    This would certainly make the adder component of the CPU a little more complicated.

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Sandpapertm renders this kind of thread utterly unnecessary.

Sandpapertm -- ask your local dealer today.
    I don't live here any more.

I thought Sandpapertm went bankrupt?

Were they short of scratch?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Something about the highs and lows?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Things weren't running smooth?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

They should have taken a course!

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

If I keep going does it become abrasive?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I heard they kept asking for more and more from their investors for personal gain. Very grity people.