Thread: Visual Basic always running old codes

Lively Member

Resolved Visual Basic always running old codes

As the titles said, my visual basic 2010 express always runs my old codes, not the latest one. Even adding the pictureboxs,label, etc, also using the old ones.
    I've searching for tons of solution through google but most of them not working.
    Except copy and paste all my works to another new project, any idea how to fix this bug?(My project contains too many forms so i can't one by one copy them all)

Sorry for bad english.
    Last edited by TqLxQuanZ; Jan 17th, 2015 at 01:09 AM. Reason: fixed

Re: Visual Basic always running old codes

I don't understand the question, but it's possibly because of your bad English.

Do you want to update your old code to new code?
    Do you want to continue to use your old code, but it is not working any more?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Clean the project... this happens from time to time when the build folder doesn't get updated. I've still yet to see a pattern of any kind. It's pretty sporattic and random. Cleaning the solution/project is one solution, the other is to delete the bin & obj folders. Either way, it usually helps.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by TqLxQuanZ View Post
    As the titles said, my visual basic 2010 express always runs my old codes, not the latest one. Even adding the pictureboxs,label, etc, also using the old ones.
    I've searching for tons of solution through google but most of them not working.
    Except copy and paste all my works to another new project, any idea how to fix this bug?(My project contains too many forms so i can't one by one copy them all)

Sorry for bad english.
    Are there any errors listed in the Error List (at the bottom in Visual Studio)? If there are, then you're app isn't actually compiling and it will run the last successful compile of your app, you have to fix all of the errors for it to compile again.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Addicted Member

i think that net framework rulez. It is about core engine problem

Quote Originally Posted by algea View Post
    i think that net framework rulez. It is about core engine problem
    What??
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows