Thread: Google Web Designer

Google Web Designer

I'm tired of writing my HTML and CSS, styling everything is just a pain in the you know what for me. I was looking for some free WYSIWYG web builders and I found Google Web Designer. From what they say, you can build HTML5 content, but it looks like they're aiming more towards ads. Has anyone used it before to make a web page? Also, what other alternatives do y'all know of that are free?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Re: Google Web Designer

Haven't tried it. Looks interesting. Might have to grab it onto my Kubuntu box later this weekend.
    I know what you mean about coding layouts ans css yourself. Usually what I do is go spellunking through Open Source Web Design - OSWD.org and find a design like, close to what I'm looking for, or has features I want... grab it and use it as a starting point. This lets me me focus on the content and the fine tunining and leaves the figuring out he css placement & flaots and other junk to someone else.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Never heard of it before. I am going to have to check it out as well. Looks interesting to me. I also hate having to do the actual design. Most of my web work is a portal/cms type system so I use the same layout that I spent a lot of work on.

After exploring that site a little more, looks like its only for designing Adsense ads for Google. I thought it was meant for HTML5 sites, but had features for adding google ads. hmm

Frenzied Member

I haven't used it myself, but MS Expression Web is free and looks capable.

The link is dead, but I'll Google it.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Frenzied Member

It's dead? Huh, it's working properly for me, right now...

Works for me too.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *