Thread: Webbrowser cancel navigation

Webbrowser cancel navigation

Hi

I have two Webbrowser controls on a form.

The first control loads and displays a page of links. I need to be able to click a link and have it open its page in the second control, but not the first control, which is its natural action.

I have tried Cancel = True in BeforeNavigate, but that prevents the links page from opening at all.

Does anyone have a better way to make this work?

Thanks.

Re: Webbrowser cancel navigation

Thread moved from the 'CodeBank VB6' forum (which is for you to post working code examples, not questions) to the 'VB6 and earlier' forum

PowerPoster

Code:
    Private WithEvents NewWebBrowserWindowHandler As SHDocVwCtl.WebBrowser_V1

Private Sub Command1_Click()
     WebBrowser1.Navigate "www.vbforums.com"
    End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
     Set NewWebBrowserWindowHandler = WebBrowser1.Object 'Your webrowser control comes here..
    End Sub

Private Sub NewWebBrowserWindowHandler_NewWindow(ByVal URL As String, ByVal Flags As Long, ByVal TargetFrameName As String, PostData As Variant, ByVal Headers As String, Processed As Boolean)
     WebBrowser2.Navigate URL

'Tell the control, your code has processed the event, 
     'there's no need to open the new window
     Processed = True 
    End Sub

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrickland View Post
    Code:
     Processed = True 
    End Sub
    This is an old thread (but not compared to most VB6 threads), but I was scouring the Web for help with the same problem.

At first glance, I didn't understand how "Processed = True" on its own could do anything. As far as I could tell, "Processed" is some undeclared variable. But I tried it anyhow and sure enough, it didn't do anything. What am I missing there?

Anyway, my problem came when I was intercepting the call to open the file in BeforeNavigate2 (an odd name since there is no BeforeNavigate1 that I can find), calling a sub in my program to bring up the second WebBrowser and open the ULR in it, then using Cancel=True to keep the first browser from changing, but the program was locking up there until I did a Ctrl-Break and then it finished. Eventually, I tried adding
    Code:
    [2nd browser window].Refresh
    DoEvents 
    Cancel = True
    and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrickland View Post
    Code:
     Processed = True 
    End Sub
    This is an old thread (but not compared to most VB6 threads), but I was scouring the Web for help with the same problem.

At first glance, I didn't understand how "Processed = True" on its own could do anything. As far as I could tell, "Processed" is some undeclared variable. But I tried it anyhow and sure enough, it didn't do anything. What am I missing there?

Anyway, my problem came when I was intercepting the call to open the file in BeforeNavigate2 (an odd name since there is no BeforeNavigate1 that I can find), calling a sub in my program to bring up the second WebBrowser and open the ULR in it, then using Cancel=True to keep the first browser from changing, but the program was locking up there until I did a Ctrl-Break and then it finished. Eventually, I tried adding
    Code:
    [2nd browser window].Refresh
    DoEvents 
    Cancel = True
    and it worked fine.