Thread: Adobe Director Shockwave ActiveX Control programming

Adobe Director Shockwave ActiveX Control programming

Hello, I am looking to have the Adobe Director Shockwave ActiveX Control to be added in my Visual Basic Project but I can add it to my Project by adding the instance of it to my Project. But then when I use the Control to be placed on the Form or UserControl, then it will just crash the whole instance of that IDE. This happens to all of my Projects, even blank ones that haven't been saved as of yet. Then I have also added in the reference to the ActiveX Control, which is then added into my Project and I have also installed the Runtime to that particular Director Shockwave, which is version 12.1 and I am running Director 11.5. I have heard of such things when working with Adobe software and pulling them into Visual Basic, such as the PDF Acrobat Control and what not. I am also using that PDF Control in this very same Project, which it is working very fine to that fact of the matter.

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: Adobe Director Shockwave ActiveX Control programming

You might have to use an early version of that control! I had a similar problem use Shockwave Flash where my program would stuff up just because the versions of flash passed e are faulty.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Well it works when I run the DCR on the system using the Shockwave ActiveX in an HTML on a local system. But then I was told by my other programming friends that Shockwave is backward compatible and that it should work. So then what is going on here, as you said that it could or might not be backward compatible, so then it only does this on my system, so I have been told. Also that I cannot even get the WebBrowser to work from a UserControl in a embedded OCX in a HTML Document. For instance to view a HTML Document from within the WebBrowser Internet Explorer for any version on any kind of system at that.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

-- Also please check this out!!
    Attachment 122547

Director 11.5. I not supported by vb6,
    vb6 only support up to ver 5 i think.

So I have heard that you have to get a plugin for the extended usage, for example a Reference as such and then the like...

Okay now that I've been able to get the DCR file to be embedded into the HTML Document. Then looking at the source code that I have been able to rewrite. Getting the Document to execute, it loads fine without any errors. But then it won't run the Video file automatically or any other way else...

-- I can post a working demo of the embedded DCR file using the HTML as a host file, which means that it won't look that flash and good, because of the fact that I have been able to get my hands on the source code and then turn it into my type of HTML stuff...

You may have a problem with copyright if your using Adobe Director Shockwave ActiveX Control in your app.
    Keith

I've been programming with VB for 25 years. Started with VB4 16bit Pro, VB5 Pro, VB6 Pro/Enterprise and now VB3 Pro. But I'm no expert, I'm still learning.

If you read the EULA of the Adobe Director Shockwave ActiveX before the point of installation then you can read the information on about the point that where it says that it isn't illegal to package your software with this ActiveX control and then also to use it, because if is made for the author to give the right for the author of the third party to use at free of will usage. However that you aren't allowed to modify it in anyway. I heave heard that people have made their own types of Shockwave Players that are legal and also in the rights of usage as per the Adobe Installation of Shockwave on a computer system of the current era, like Pentiums and the Intel Gene series after that.

Also that before the joint venture of Macromedia and Adobe went ahead. Yes it was possible to have a problem with copyright seeing that the Macromedia EULA was different and more restrictive to the extent that you could only install your Director movies on to computers that already had the ActiveX and the Xtras installed on them. However the EULAs have changed and then that is what is the best thing, seeing that now you can only have the ActiveX and the Xtras to be packaged with the Movies, too now. Thanks God!!