Thread: [RESOLVED] DateTimePicker value doesn't reflect in txtUpdatedOn.Text when I select...

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] DateTimePicker value doesn't reflect in txtUpdatedOn.Text when I select...

DateTimePicker value doesn't reflect in txtUpdatedOn.Text when I select it from DateTimePickerUPDT. It simply shows the current date in the textbox instead of what I selected. The following is the code:

Code:
    Private Sub DateTimePickerUPDT_ValueChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles DateTimePickerUPDT.ValueChanged
            DateTimePickerUPDT.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom
            DateTimePickerUPDT.CustomFormat = "MMMM dd, yyyy - dddd"
            Me.txtUpdatedOn.Text = Format(Now, "Short Date")
    End Sub
    How to resolve it? Please help.

Re: DateTimePicker value doesn't reflect in txtUpdatedOn.Text when I select...

Code:
    Me.txtUpdatedOn.Text = Format(Now, "Short Date")
    Thats because you are telling it to show the current date
    Try this...
    Code:
    Me.txtUpdatedOn.Text = Format(DateTimePickerUPDT.Value, "Short Date")
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Vague general questions have vague general answers.
    A $100 donation is required for me to help you if you PM me asking for help. Instructions for donating to one of our local charities will be provided.

additionally these properties should only need to be set once:
    DateTimePickerUPDT.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom
    DateTimePickerUPDT.CustomFormat = "MMMM dd, yyyy - dddd"

Generally done during design... not each time a date is selected. If not at design time, then at worst, during the FormLoad event.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

Thanks to both of you for the help.