Thread: Soccer/Footbal

Soccer/Footbal

I was just wandering why such a non-contact sport causes so much violence by it's fans and off the field?

I was also thinkin that you could solve this problem by allowing what we call down here a Hip and Shoulder!
    Like in ice hockey as well. Where you basically can massively smash the player off of the ball!

my 3 cents!

PowerPoster
    It provokes such violence because there are a group of hardcore "fans" who travel around games deliberately causing trouble. Genuine fans would not do so.

That is why English fans abroad have such a bad rep. It's not the fans, just trouble-makes who go out and provoke fighting and stuff for the hell of it. Some genuine fans may join in, but only if fans of the opposing side start joining in too.

And a hip and shoulder wouldn't work to well because most people who play football are such pansies that wold knock them out. I mean they cry in agony on the floor if someone so much as looks at them sideways.

point taken and noted!

I was thinkin maybe you could give em a mirror and a comb but then no-one would do anything would they!

Maybe just a flick or something!

Frenzied Member
    There is such a thing in football, it's called a shoulder barge, basicly if someone's got the ball you can hit them off it with your shoulder (it has to be shoulder to shoulder though, it's not used very much because if you want to do it effectivley you have to be running alongside them, and the guy with the ball can just turn away or pass before you get a chance to do it.
    If it wasn't for this sentence I wouldn't have a signature at all.

ricmitch_uk
    Ice hockey is the worst. Anyone ever been to a Manchester Storm match?