Thread: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile

Hi,

How do I open or view files stored in "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile" whenever I go to the sub folders even with folder view set to "Show hidden files, folders and drives" nothing appears in that location. This thread is related to my Other (Windows) profile loads when trying to load main profile.

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile

you have to also set it to show protected operating system files.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orwell View Post
    you have to also set it to show protected operating system files.
    Even if the files I am saving are files such as those related to a Visual Basic project? The path mentioned in the first post is now the default location for saving items on my computer thanks to this strange problem.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

in that case it may not actually be saving the files there. Don't forget that if you try to save to a location that xp let you have access to but windows 7 and above doesn't want you to have access to, it will virtualize a different location and your saved data will actually be there instead. I came across this problem when playing portal a long time ago (a problem they have since fixed). look here for your files:
    c:\users\<username>\Appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files\

Ah, thanks for the information! Unfortunately, I can't access the machine which is experiencing the problems at the moment. I have a new setup which, involves two towers, one keyboard and one mouse and a monitor (sounds like a dirty joke) and am using my gaming machine at the moment. I need buy a switch to switch the keyboard, mouse and monitor between the two towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Ah, thanks for the information! Unfortunately, I can't access the machine which is experiencing the problems at the moment. I have a new setup which, involves two towers, one keyboard and one mouse and a monitor (sounds like a dirty joke) and am using my gaming machine at the moment. I need buy a switch to switch the keyboard, mouse and monitor between the two towers.
    i thought i needed one and bought one myself a few years ago. I was using it for the monitor switching. Anyway, if you always have them both on at the same time, there are software solutions to do that. I used to have two computers side by side and i could share clipboard and mouse and keyboard with a free program. It worked just like extended desktop. i would mouse off the side of one computer and it would go to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orwell View Post
    i thought i needed one and bought one myself a few years ago. I was using it for the monitor switching. Anyway, if you always have them both on at the same time, there are software solutions to do that. I used to have two computers side by side and i could share clipboard and mouse and keyboard with a free program. It worked just like extended desktop. i would mouse off the side of one computer and it would go to the next one.
    What was the name of the program you used (if you can remember)?

i believe i used synergy but it's not free anymore. This looks like it does the same thing: http://www.keyboard-and-mouse-sharin...rd-sharing.htm

Thanks! Will look into it.

looks like that one is paid also. surely there is a free one out there though.
    Edit: Microsoft has a free product that does this call mouse without borders. It not only shares clipboard but you can drag and drop files across computers! I will be using this product myself as when i do college work i keep two computers open sometimes.
    Last edited by Lord Orwell; Jan 5th, 2015 at 12:50 AM.

Bought a DIGITECH Computer 2 Port HDMI USB KVM Switch.

Edit:

For some reason the switch is not working for the keyboard and mouse so I have to use one keyboard and one mouse for each tower. The good thing is I only need one monitor.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Feb 12th, 2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Adding more!