Thread: How to Blackout North Korea's Internet

Computer Science BS Jacob Roman's Avatar

How to Blackout North Korea's Internet

Press the shiny red button

Re: How to Blackout North Korea's Internet

All that had to happen to black out the internet in North Korea is for somebody to trip over the wire they had plugged into the router at that Chinese 7-11 just over the border. The whole country has been piggy-backing off that service all this time.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Sooo they are stealing internet service?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I thought internet was banned in North Korea anyway...

Computer Science BS Jacob Roman's Avatar

I didnt think they had internet since they are still using floppy disks. And even if they do, theres no effin way they could download 100 terabytes without someone noticing, because that takes months if not years with our current technology. No way North Koreas internet is better than ours. So it was either an inside job at Sony from a disgruntled employee or someone from Russia, China, or Iran that could make it look like it came from North Korea.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    All that had to happen to black out the internet in North Korea is for somebody to trip over the wire they had plugged into the router at that Chinese 7-11 just over the border. The whole country has been piggy-backing off that service all this time.
    Talk about upgrading infrastructure . Last time i heard they were piggybacking on some senior citizen north of the border who left his WiFi in "unsecured" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    I didnt think they had internet since they are still using floppy disks. And even if they do, theres no effin way they could download 100 terabytes without someone noticing, because that takes months if not years with our current technology. No way North Koreas internet is better than ours. So it was either an inside job at Sony from a disgruntled employee or someone from Russia, China, or Iran that could make it look like it came from North Korea.
    They only have around 1000 ip addresses for the whole country.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672