Thread: Script to start cmd with elevated rights and run another script

Script to start cmd with elevated rights and run another script

Hi,

I am having trouble to create a script to start an cmd with elevated rights and run and winupdate agent.

Challenge :
    Want to send an script to an computer that reside in an very restricted network. The point with this approach is to control that computers are actually updated, we are able to get an output but not an connection to any computer within this network.

See attached file. This is not my script, but put togheter after some research.

Problem is for now :

Line 1-20
    Line 118

Any suggestions ?

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Script to start cmd with elevated rights and run another script

Research logon scripts ... that's how we do it. It's not something I do (I'm in development, not the IT dept.) it's also something I've seen done at almost every place I've worked since the mid-90's. It's built into Windows, something to be configured. I believe it's something you can attach to profiles, so that the next time they logon, it will deploy, and then after that, it will run and keep systems up to date.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Script to start cmd with elevated rights and run another script

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been onto if this is the best and only solution, but this is a small costumer which we have operational responsibility for and is not onsite, other when we needs to

I am using an agent on the computer which I can control and it is through this agent I am able to send scripts and commands. So that's why i am looking for another way to approach this situation.

Regards