Thread: LINQ To Objects and the performance of nested “Where” calls

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

LINQ To Objects and the performance of nested “Where” calls

Ran into this article from a Reflector newsletter and thought is was worth posting here.

http://codeblog.jonskeet.uk/2014/12/08/c-6-in-action/

PowerPoster

Re: LINQ To Objects and the performance of nested “Where” calls

Wha???

I don't see anything there about LINQ To Objects or the performance of nested “Where” calls.

Is this post automated SEO spam or something? Maybe I'm just reading-impaired.

IT was a bad link... if you click LINQ in the tag cloud, it is then the first one listed:
    http://codeblog.jonskeet.uk/2011/06/...re-quot-calls/

I suspect KEvin thought he had the url in his clipboard, but had the wrong one.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Key line here:
    Now the two will achieve the same result, and I should say up-front that in most realistic cases, it won’t make a significant difference which you use. But realistic cases aren’t nearly as interesting to investigate as pathological cases,
    Problem is that a lot of people will skip over that, go straight into the meat of the article, not realizing that it's discussing a mostly theoretical case.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    IT was a bad link...
    That helps, thanks. I had only tried skimming through recent posts not ones from 3 years ago.

Hahaha! I didn't even notice the date on it.
    It was just freakish luck I found it. I saw "LINQ in big letters and though, hey the post is supposed to be about LINQ, let's see... and it just happened to be the first one listed. Sheer dumb luck.

-tg

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

I click on the link and get the expected page from this thread. Yes it's three years old but I see it still provoking thoughts when writing statements

well, then you've got something stuck in your cache or something... we get a post about "C# 6 IN ACTION" which according to the link is what you've linked to:
    http://codeblog.jonskeet.uk/2014/12/08/c-6-in-action/

shrug...

-tg