Thread: excel file not opening

excel file not opening

here is code i written
    workbook1=app.workbooks.open(my.computer.filesystem.specialdirectories.desktop+"\"+form1.textbox6.te xt+" TAX.xls")
    i've already saved the file usin this code from form1
    workbook1.saveas(my.computer.filesystem.specialdirectories.desktop+"\"+textbox6.text+" TAX.xls"
    but when i trying to open the workbook it says there is no file on desktop. please specify the path correctly. what is worng in my code.

Hyperactive Member

Re: excel file not opening

I don't see anything that you are doing wrong (aside from the space in "textbox6.te xt", but I'm thinking that's just a typo)... Did you see what String my.computer.filesystem.specialdirectories.desktop+"\"+form1.textbox6.text+" TAX.xls" evaluates to? And although you mention that you've saved the file using your saveas code, does the actual file indeed get saved there (ie do you see the file if you look on the desktop)?

Re: excel file not opening

Quote Originally Posted by Pyth007 View Post
    I don't see anything that you are doing wrong (aside from the space in "textbox6.te xt", but I'm thinking that's just a typo)... Did you see what String my.computer.filesystem.specialdirectories.desktop+"\"+form1.textbox6.text+" TAX.xls" evaluates to? And although you mention that you've saved the file using your saveas code, does the actual file indeed get saved there (ie do you see the file if you look on the desktop)?
    i put a parent form and two child forms i want pass the value from first child form textbox to second child form