Thread: Developing Calendar

Developing Calendar

Hi! I want to develop Nepali Calendar in VB6. I'm newbie in Visual Basic and i have no idea about how to begin. Somewhere it is published that NPCalendarLib.dll is an application programming interface (API) library written in Visual Basic 6. This API can be used with any programming language that supports ActiveX DLL. The API provides the programmers an easy-to-use interface (public functions) to develop Nepali calendar application complete with two-way date conversion features

Still I'm confuse how to begin, is there some good idea how to start? Help Me

Re: Developing Calendar

Sounds like it is an active-x DLL. This is not an OCX, correct?

Add it to your project, via menu: Project | References. Browse to where you saved it, select it, click Open.
    - If it wasn't registered, it should be now. If you get an error, you may have to register that dll
    - Note the name displayed in the project references window. In the future you don't have to select it via the Browse button any longer, it should be alphabetically listed in the references. You'll find it by its name
    - Close your references window after ensuring the DLL has a check mark

Now within code, you can create new instances of the classes/objects that DLL supports. This is where you will need to look over the the available methods and properties. You can do that by pressing F2 and in the '<All Libraries>' dropdown box, select your calendar dll.

I'm sure you'll have more questions, but see if you can get at least as far as being able to view that DLL's documentation via VB's Object Browser (F2).
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Fanatic Member

If you google NPCalendarLib.dll, you will end up in a wordpress blog where you can ask for the DLL and a sample app.

That seems to me like a good place to start.

Edit... your post does not indicate whether or not you got hold of the dll.... have you?
    Last edited by Navion; Nov 28th, 2014 at 12:22 PM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    Sounds like it is an active-x DLL. This is not an OCX, correct?

Add it to your project, via menu: Project | References. Browse to where you saved it, select it, click Open...
    Keep in mind that the extension .OCX is merely used by convention to name a DLL that has controls within it. If it really does have full-blown controls you do not want to use Project|References... but Project|Components... even though it was named .DLL instead of .OCX:

All .OCX files are DLLs.

All .OCX files should contain at least one ActiveX control with full design-time container support.

Not all ActiveX control libraries are named with the .OCX extension and may be named .DLL instead.
    Last edited by dilettante; Nov 28th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.

dilettante, realize that & was making an assumption based on OP's use of DLL, vs mention of ocx extension, in his post
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

PowerPoster

Just trying to help avoid confusion. Anyone using VB6 this late in its life really ought to understand the issues already though. For all we know he's using some version of VB.Net anyway.

Thanku!

Yes Navion as you say i found wordpress site where i recently requested it. Someone said plenty of example using external controls and studying documentation about calendar object. Is there some good website where i can learn it?