Thread: Would two wireless mice intefere with each other?

PowerPoster

Would two wireless mice intefere with each other?

Hi there folks!

This may be a noon question about wireless mice, but I really love the Logitech m570 wireless mouse. It works well with small workspace. I have one for my desktop, but would like to get one for my netbook. They are very close together though, so if they were the same kind of mouse, would their wireless receivers interfere with one another?

Thanks!

Re: Would two wireless mice intefere with each other?

They shouldn't. Typically, the reciever and the mouse have a sync button (which updates the frequency they use)... at least the ones I use do, I press it on the receiver, it blinks, then I press the button on the mouse, bringing it back into sync. I'd hook them both up, see if you run into issues, then only worry about it if you do. At that point it should be fairly simple to move one to another freq.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I have had a problem with mice conflicting but only once and it was a long time ago (about ten years). I bought a wireless mouse and my housemate liked it so he went out and bought the same one. They conflicted horribly and no amount of synching made any difference. As far as I could tell the synch button did nothing and they were actually locked to a single frequency.

So they can conflict but I'd say it's pretty rare. The best thing to do, as TG says, is try it out.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Yes, they could. As matter of fact, I myself experienced this once before. Both my co-worker and I were using the same make/model of wireless mouse. He's in the cubicle next to mine. I noticed that my pointer was moving randomly on the screen, and I lost control of the pointer as soon as I let go of the mouse. For a good 10 minutes I didn't know what was going on then I heard the co-worker's cursing his mouse. Only then did we realize that our mice were interfering one another. Resetting the connection fixed the issue.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

PowerPoster

Ok, so the mice and receivers are currently about 2 feet away from each other (laptop and desktop), and they don't seem to be interfering (so far). Fingers crossed.