Thread: Broken video card?

Question Broken video card?

I very rarely use my desktop, only my kids are using it and yesterday the monitor went off (no signal), tried restarting to no avail. Then I removed the video card, cleaned it and returned it to no avail. I removed the video card and there was a display again, could I really assume the video card has died? It was purchased around 2011.

I don't know how to diagnose it further to verify if it is really dead.
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Re: Broken video card?

Yes, I too have that problem sometimes and it sounds as if it might be the video card causing the problem! If you go to the power switch and press it and it does not light up though I doubt the video card has any bearing on this. Does that happen to you?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

It does power on, only nothing is displayed if I am using the video card. Though the fan on the video card still spins.
    Regards,

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

if you hook the monitor to onboard video and it works, then it is the video card.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

on the bright side, i just replaced what used to be a nearly top of the line card with a remanufactured one for $50. Hopefully you won't be too deep in the cash to fix it.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

What did you mean by "remanufactured"?
    Regards,

remanufactured-> used - maybe rebuilt - returned to the store - not brand new.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.