Thread: AVG 2015 keeps telling me I have a virus

Lively Member

AVG 2015 keeps telling me I have a virus

Hello. No matter what project I compile, a big one, or just the following code:

Code:
    Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            WebBrowser1.Navigate("https://www.youtube.com/v/Ekugy-d9Pk8&autoplay=1&vq=hd720?start=30&end=36&rel=0")
        End Sub
    End Class
    After I compile the project and try to execute it with the exe file, AVG 2015 version keeps telling me I have a virus, an unknown threat.

I tried formatting the computer, but I still got such messages. What should I do? Do you think my VS2010 got infected?

Re: AVG 2015 keeps telling me I have a virus

Get a second (and third) opinion. Disable avg and then use another antivirus software to check your computer - some of them have web versions of their software and others will allow you to download a trial version. If the other antivirus software finds something, then you know you've picked up something from somewhere. If they don't, then you know there's something up with avg.
    I always add to the reputation of those whose posts are helpful, and even occasionally to those whose posts aren't helpful but who obviously put forth a valiant effort. That is, when the system will allow it.
    My war with a browser-redirect trojan

Also, you can try googling this issue and see what you come up with.
    I always add to the reputation of those whose posts are helpful, and even occasionally to those whose posts aren't helpful but who obviously put forth a valiant effort. That is, when the system will allow it.
    My war with a browser-redirect trojan

Sounds like a false-positive on your application - it happens from time to time. It's because your code resulted in a striung of bytes that closely match a virus definition signature. OR at least a possible one.

Move your navigate to a Button Click event, recompile, and run it, see if the detection still happens. It might be due to having the URL in that fashion in the load event. You may have to resort to some string hokum in order for it to work.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Simply answer is don't use AVG. It' no longer a suggested AV due to being a resource hog, bad detection rate and "false positives". You should not be formatting your machine or running another av as suggested above. Only listen to advice from trained malware experts.