Thread: Unicode OptionButton

Unicode OptionButton

Here's a Unicode Option Button. Just see small sample project. It should be self-explanatory.

One weakness: You can't paste the caption with pure unicode (without an RTF format being in the clipboard). It's best to paste into WordPad, re-copy, and then it'll paste into the Option Button's caption. I know how to paste pure unicode, but it just makes the control quite a bit heavier. You can set the caption at runtime with a string (which is unicode, of course) and it'll correctly go into the caption as unicode.

Enjoy:
    UnicodeOptionButton.zip

EDIT: There's also a GroupNum property for creation Option Button groups. No need for separate frames or containers. Initially, it defaults to 0, linking them all together.
    Last edited by Elroy; Oct 30th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

PowerPoster

Re: Unicode OptionButton

Doing any work on a Unicode ComboBoxEx (ImageCombo)? Mine has been giving me fits.

Re: Unicode OptionButton

Hey fafalone,

I haven't looked into making a ComboBox deal with Unicode (Image version or not), but it might be fairly easy, so long as the pull down section can handle Unicode.

If you don't mind, maybe post a very small project here that has the ImageCombo in it with a linked ImageList. Don't worry about the Unicode part. I'll work that out. I'm just being lazy and don't want to find a handful of pictures to get it started. (EDIT: Hey, I found a small project with three images all linked up. Perfect for playing with. I'll report back.)

Again, if the pulldown section will handle Unicode (which I suspect it does), the rest should fall into place fairly easily.

Also, I guess I should say, I'm flying to a consulting gig on Monday (actually flying on Sunday) and will be on that gig for two weeks, so I can't promise how fast I'll get things done, but I do enjoy messing with things on this forum.

Take Care,
    Elroy

EDIT2: Just to be clear, we're talking about the individual image captions on the example ImageCombo that's attached, right? You'd like any Unicode to be in those captions. That's what I'm now taking a look at.
    ImageComboExample.zip
    Last edited by Elroy; Oct 31st, 2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.