Thread: Advice on making website?

Advice on making website?

I am planning to create a website. But need advice on which software to use. Can any one suggest which one to use? I am debating on Coldfusion to use or asp.net.
    A good advice is very helpful. Thank You

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Re: Advice on making website?

Well... if money is no object;

then either. asp.Net might have slightly better job prospects if that is your goal, while Coldfusion is a bit easier to program in imho and a lot easier to deploy.

If you are on a budget ;

last i knew Coldfusion is not free.

In fact i just looked it up, there is a free developers edition BUT you cant really deploy your site live without shelling out plenty of cash for the standard or enterprise editions.

Coldfusion does not build into deployed files, you need Coldfusion installed on your server for it to interpret and deliver your web pages.

with ASP.Net express editions you cant build or deploy either however !!!! using the following command line tool - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...63(VS.80).aspx

...you can do builds, and deployment can be done manually.

This makes asp.net certainly a cheaper choice.

You could go down another route entirely and build you site using HTML5 / JavaScript / JQuery in an Ajax style approach which would be completely free with NO deployment or build hurdles apart form the standard figuring out how to do it.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you