Thread: [RESOLVED] Baidu Antivirus issue

Frenzied Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Baidu Antivirus issue

hi friends,
    when i log at my windows 7 . it keep asking for installation of baidu Antivirus . but pop up is coming continuing.i tried to see if any component is install . but it does not show at add remove program untilities . let me know please how to remove this useless antivirus . so it does not come as a popup .and asking to install . i don't want it .
    Name:  Antivirus Issue.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  153.8 KBName:  Antivirus Issue.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  153.8 KB
    Last edited by firoz.raj; Oct 25th, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

Re: Baidu Antivirus issue

Was the anti virus installed on the computer from the start or has it been installed as part of another program you downloaded?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Frenzied Member

may be it is a part of another unknown program . but how show are remove this installation . I did not see in the list of add/ remove program of control panel utilities .

http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/faq.php

How do I uninstall Baidu Antivirus? Is the second item mentioned!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Frenzied Member

Question Re: Baidu Antivirus issue

problem is that each time . it creates Baidu folder when computer restart .even i delete the
    public folder it creates this useless folder . let me know please .how should i removed this unwanted Folder ? .Name:  Baidu.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  23.5 KB
    Last edited by firoz.raj; Nov 5th, 2014 at 07:12 AM.

Did you uninstall the software following the instructions on their site?

Frenzied Member

problem is that even I did not install the software .when I restart the PC after login they are asking to install .
    and the url you have given to me . that is for that kind of thing . if I install the Useless baidu antivirus . after that how it needs to be uninstall .

Work computer? Is there a login script that's maybe launching it? Or check your registry to see if it's been set to run at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/faq.php

How do I uninstall Baidu Antivirus? Is the second item mentioned!
    That says something about it... if how to uninstall is on the FAQ list. let alone that high on the list.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

If you do a Google search then you should find multiple walk-through documents about getting rid of Baidu

Frenzied Member

Work computer? Is there a login script that's maybe launching it? Or check your registry to see if it's been set to run at startup. thx it is ok now .
    good catch , I found at the registry the baidu security . and deleted baidu security folder from the registry . Name:  Baidu Issue.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by firoz.raj; Nov 5th, 2014 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    That says something about it... if how to uninstall is on the FAQ list. let alone that high on the list.

-tg
    Are you making fun of me?

Frenzied Member

Hi friends ,

each time i have deleted the folder Baidu . but again it creates from few days . this time even i did not found any baidu folder entry in the registry itself . is there any windows 7 firewall utility to disable it . from being created . let me know please .any help would be highly appreciated .

at following location it has been created each time . when I restart pc.
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Baidu

Re: [RESOLVED] Baidu Antivirus issue

I would recommend a fresh install of your Windows 7.

It has to be something that set to run at startup to trigger that Baidu installation. Use Sysinternals' Autorun to identify what it is and where it hides then delete it.
    Dowload Sysinternal Autorun here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...rnals/bb963902
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

Frenzied Member

each time I delete the registry key . and the file again it comes . can you tell me the way to uninstall the virus application as per the following
    detail .
    Code:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce				1/15/2016 4:51 PM	

upgmsd_ra_005010180.exe			c:\users\administrator\appdata\local\gmsd_ra_005010180\upgmsd_ra_005010180.exe	12/18/2015 1:24 PM