Thread: [RESOLVED] Missing Speech Object Library???

Resolved [RESOLVED] Missing Speech Object Library???

It has been a while, but I used and installed this on several machines. Now it won't work. I have an XP Professional Machine. I went to Microsoft and downloaded and installed Microsoft SAPI 5.1 from the SpeechSDK51.exe file. There is also a SpeechSDK51MSM.exe that seems to just be redistributables. I am used to "Microsoft Speech Object Library" just showing up in the references. It just shows "MISSING" instead and my project of course won't compile. I checked and see SAPI.dll in the same folder as it is on a working XP machine. What am I missing? Thanks!

Re: Missing Speech Object Library???

Just stabbing in the dark here. What happens if you use the Browse button in the references, navigate to that folder, and re-select the dll? Within in your vbp and/or frm files (opened in Notepad), what do the "Reference=" lines look like?
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Re: Missing Speech Object Library???

Going on from what Lavolpe said what happens when you try re-adding the reference to the project via the VB6 IDE?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

SOLVED: Missing Speech Object Library???

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    Just stabbing in the dark here. What happens if you use the Browse button in the references, navigate to that folder, and re-select the dll? Within in your vbp and/or frm files (opened in Notepad), what do the "Reference=" lines look like?
    I forgot to mention that I tried to browse to the DLL and reload it and still was getting an error. Finally it hit me that it might be some mismatch in the project files. You replied to check my references. I don't know if it had the wrong CLSID or what, but that was it. I deleted the line and from the vbp file and went back in and was able to see it in the list of available objects to reference and I could now put a check next to it and load it with no error. Of course I have other strange errors now like "method 'type' of object ISpeechAudioFormat Failed", so I have to figure out where that is coming from. Thanks!