Thread: Can I put an application that I made with VB on my website?

Can I put an application that I made with VB on my website?

I am creating a website, and I am not advanced using java and javascript, I want to be able to put my application on the website. How is this possible?

Re: Can I put an application that I made with VB on my website?

What sort of application did you create, i.e. what project template did you use in VS to create it? If it's a Windows Forms application or the like then it is an EXE that must be run on the user's machine. It's just a file so you can certainly provide a link to download it on your web site. The user would need to download the EXE and run it on their own machine. If it's a web application then it IS a web site.

I click on file, but the option for a "new website" doesn't appear. I am using Visual Studio Express 2013. Is it possible to create a website with that software?

VS 2013 Express comes in a number of editions based on the type of application you want to create. There is an edition for Windows desktop application, an edition for Windows Store apps and an edition for web applications. That last appears to be what you need, so download and install it if you haven't already. There's no issue with having multiple editions and/or versions installed on the one machine.