Thread: 3 monitor gaming

3 monitor gaming

I have been playing a game called DayZ and it is capable of running across three screens. So I went ahead and bought 3 new monitors. Looks and runs great. Except the fact that I now get motion sickness when running in game...

Name:  10726283_10205078270541122_432159331_n.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  25.6 KB

Frenzied Member

Re: 3 monitor gaming

Are you playing the Alpha of the game or the Arma II Mod?

Alpha version. Pretty awesome... cant wait until its complete when ever that is.

Two years ago I forked out the cash for a new gaming system with three monitors, but the only games I play are racing simulators like rFactor, and I really don't have enough time for that these days.

The best part is being able to use peripheral vision to see any cars next to you instead of having to map steering wheel buttons to "look" side-to-side. Saved me a lot of wrecks in online races...
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by dclamp View Post
    Alpha version. Pretty awesome... cant wait until its complete when ever that is.
    That is a pretty sweet setup. I played the crap out of the Arma II mod back when it was big (2012 was it??). Its a shame its taken so long to launch, I think its been delayed for release for about two years now. As time went on, I lost interest, it was impossible to play because there were far too many hackers (that I assume being why they reworked the game). I am sure I will buy it, but not until it is out of beta.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! kleinma's Avatar

There are still hackers in the alpha, but it has gotten better. The one major thing missing right now (and believe me there are plenty of other things missing) is sever persistence. Anything not being carried on your person is lost when the server restarts, which is ever few hours right now. They did enable persistence in a recent update, but it is so buggy that it doesn't work at all and causes other crashes. So hopefully when that is done, and you can actually stash some stuff away so you don't have to risk everything you have found when traveling around, it will drastically change the way everyone plays the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinma View Post
    There are still hackers in the alpha, but it has gotten better. The one major thing missing right now (and believe me there are plenty of other things missing) is sever persistence. Anything not being carried on your person is lost when the server restarts, which is ever few hours right now. They did enable persistence in a recent update, but it is so buggy that it doesn't work at all and causes other crashes. So hopefully when that is done, and you can actually stash some stuff away so you don't have to risk everything you have found when traveling around, it will drastically change the way everyone plays the game right now.
    Yeah I am looking forward to Persistence working and being able to have some type of base. Mostly to have a cashe of supplies for when you die, you can just head to your safe place and be healthy and survive better.

With the most recent version, I spawned fresh and had a lot of difficulty trying to find supplies and I died a few times before I was able to do anything realistic.

Frenzied Member

What Video Card(s) are you running?

I am running a GeForce NVidia 750 running all 3 monitors. Its not a great card, but it is actually running this game really well on all 3 monitors. I am guessing once this game is out of Alpha and running full FPS I will need to upgrade my card to something nicer.