Thread: [RESOLVED] deploy project to windows phone 7

Resolved [RESOLVED] deploy project to windows phone 7

i got a win phone with windows 7.8 on it for the sole purpose of writing some custom apps for tracking stuff at work. That's not important. What is important is that i installed "visual studio 2010 express for windows phone" and all updates as well as the xna 4.0 game studio. XNA comes with an app for deploying to zune devices, which my phone is. However while my phone shows up just fine in zune software, it doesn't show up in the xna software. I was thinking i may need to register the phone for development, but i was under the impression that was for win8 phones and above. In any case, the phone register tool is in visual studio 2013. Is there another source for this tool? Am i doing someting incorrect? please let me know. It is my first foray into mobile development.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Re: deploy project to windows phone 7

i should also point out that i do have a visual studio 2013 license thanks to being a student. I just have not installed it.

Re: deploy project to windows phone 7

i solved it. while my phone wasn't showing up in the xna program, it WAS showing up in the IDE. I just had to choose it instead of an emulator in the combo box. Note to everyone: Your phone has to be registered with Microsoft of it still won't show up. the app won't unlock your phone for developing until the phone is registered. It's got something to do with making sure you never have more than 10 sideloaded apps on it.