Thread: Html Parsing Problem

Html Parsing Problem

Hello,

Im making little virus scanner software, how can i get the scan results to richtextbox.

http://www.garyshood.com/virus/resul...31ca06dc0a5efe

heres my code, it can scan the file but my problem is getting the results to richtextbox.

Code:
       Private Sub LogInButton2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles LogInButton2.Click

WebBrowser1.ScriptErrorsSuppressed = True

WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.garyshood.com/virus/")
            WaitForPageLoad()

WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("fileurl").SetAttribute("value", "http://www.heartpoint.com/images/congenital/vsd.gif")

Dim inputElements As HtmlElementCollection = WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input")
            For Each curElement As HtmlElement In inputElements
                If curElement.GetAttribute("type") = "radio" AndAlso curElement.GetAttribute("value") = "url" Then
                    curElement.InvokeMember("click")
                End If
            Next

Dim inputElements2 As HtmlElementCollection = WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input")
            For Each curElement As HtmlElement In inputElements2
                If curElement.GetAttribute("type") = "submit" AndAlso curElement.GetAttribute("value") = "Scan" Then
                    curElement.InvokeMember("click")
                End If
            Next
    End Sub

Re: Html Parsing Problem

How on earth can you make white hat software..... You not even asked a question. Do you think Malware companys use kiddie browsers in the combat with malware/?

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Html Parsing Problem

I'm afraid your question isn't really making sense. That code snippet is scanning a web page and clicking any radio buttons or submit buttons. It doesn't produce any results so what were you intending to write to the RTB?

Also, that code is web scraping which is something we strongly discourage round here because it can be used to access sites in ways that violate their TOCs. Do you have a good reason for doing this.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd