Thread: VB.Net interaction with Avaya One-X desktop agent

VB.Net interaction with Avaya One-X desktop agent

Pretty simple, when a user presses a button, I need to pass a phone number to the Avaya One-X desktop phone software and then dial the number.

I have looked all over Avaya's devconnect site and found APIs and SDKs but nothing (at least that i seen) just for the desktop one-x agent

Has anyone done this?

Re: VB.Net interaction with Avaya One-X desktop agent

Is this agent a service that is running all the time or is it an application that you can run when needed? If the latter, does it accept commandline arguments?

Thanks for the response.

Basically its a soft phone application that connects with there physical desk phone. It allows them to make calls from their computer.
    It is not a service but is started when a user logs in to start their shift. It is running for their entire shift.

I do not believe it accepts any command line arguments.

I looked into a similar thing you're looking into a few weeks back, essentially I wanted to build a system tray type application which users can opens, punch in a number and it calls the number they entered.
    I'm unsure of what system you're using but in our case we have a simple IP500 without Avaya One X.

My understanding is that in order to build applications for Avaya you need a CTI link license and in order to connect to the PBX your use a devconnect DLL instead of using One X.

Instead of trying to integrate with One X, why don't you build an application which directly interfaces with your PBX? Providing you have the license to do so.

Hyperactive Member

I'm really interested in this as we have this piece of software at work too.

Without meaning to hijack the thread, has anyone been able to successfully develop tools to interface with the Avaya PBXs without using devlink (just using the Avaya TAPI provided driver)?