Thread: Feedback - PHP OOP

Question Feedback - PHP OOP

On one of our other sites, we published an article on OOP with PHP. It is getting some odd feedback. I'm not a PHP guy, so I need help. If anyone has time, can you tell me if this article is bad, wrong, out of whack, or otherwise have any issues?

http://www.phpbuilder.com/articles/a...ng-in-php.html

Or is the article okay?

Thanks,

Brad!
    VBForums admin
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Feedback - PHP OOP

Unless the author used some version of PHP the rest of us mere mortals don't have access to, it's the section on overloading that seems to be causing grief. From what I've been able to gather, PHP doesn't support the typical form of overloading most of us enjoy in other languages. Seems to implement some kind of overloading, some sort of smoke & mirror setup is needed. It's not as simple or cut-and-dry as the article makes it out to be. Meanwhile, I've rarely found myself in need overloads in PHP.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Feedback - PHP OOP

Thanks. I think I'm going to have a conversation with the author. If anyone else has comments, please let me know!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------