Thread: Gridview is larger than page view, What should i do?

Gridview is larger than page view, What should i do?

I am working on ASP.Net and now i want to show the records of employee. For this purpose i used gridview1 to show all the records, but the view of gridview is larger than the pageview, and some records are hidden in the right navigation bar. Now, what should i do to show all the records without any column hidden in the navigation bar and that looks like pretty better also.

Re: Gridview is larger than page view, What should i do?

If I remember right, in amongst the proprtties, you can set up pagination. Experince has taught me that about 50 is the max that a person can realistically take in and deal with in a single chunk.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

There's a gridview variable called "PageSize" which determine how many records to display on a single page.
    As mentioned above, you will need to setup pagination if you would users to see more records than set in the PageSize variable

Sorry dear, as I am new to asp.net and vb.net I cannot get it quiet well. Could you please elaborate it.

@Abdullah

The suggestions from post #2 and #3 can be found here:
    GridView.PageSize Property
    Paging and Sorting the GridView's Data

KGC
    CodeBank: VB.NET & C#.NET | ASP.NET
    Programming: C# | VB.NET
    Blogs: Personal | Programming
    Projects: GitHub | jsFiddle
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Rating someone's post is a way of saying Thanks...