Thread: Get data from DGV of another form from another form.

Addicted Member

Get data from DGV of another form from another form.

Last edited by KRENAR; Sep 14th, 2014 at 08:33 AM.

PowerPoster

Re: Get data from DGV of another form from another form.

Why not just pass the data from form2 to Form3. It would help if you gave a more complete explaination of what your trying to achieve.

What is the relationship between the forms? Does one of them create and display the other? Are you calling Show or ShowDialog to display the second form? Please provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem.

I would suggest that you follow the Blog link in my signature below and check out my three-part post on Data Among Multiple Forms. Make sure you read all three parts because it's part three that you really should follow.

Addicted Member

Man, I wish people would actually answer questions when they're asked them. If you want help then provide the information that we ask for when we ask for it. We don't ask for it for our own health; we ask for it so that we can help you with your problem. I ask AGAIN:
    What is the relationship between the forms? Does one of them create and display the other? Are you calling Show or ShowDialog to display the second form? Please provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem.
    You say that the grid is on form2 and yet the code shows you accessing a grid on form3 so what's up with that? If I had to guess, which I do because you refuse to provide the information I asked for, I'd say that the issue is that you're using the default instance of form3 in that code when it's not the default instance of form3 that you displayed in the first place. If you'd provided the code that creates and displays form3 then we'd know for sure, which would explain why I asked for it in the first place.

Addicted Member

Addicted Member

You still haven't answered my question. If you refuse to provide the information I request then you're wasting my time and I won't be wasting any more.

Addicted Member

Are you reading mu answers or what!

The form3 has all the objects the DGV the textboxes everythin.So i dont want to have so much code in the form3 so i created a class not a form a outside class with that code theat i have shown.
    So in Form3 i declare the class:

Dim myclass as new printoporS

in the button that i want to make the action to print the dgv to create the bill thath the code is in that outer clas i use this. i call the publuc sub of that outer class.

myclass.printooooporosin()

the problem is that that outer class doesnt recognize the DGV in the form3.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by KRENAR View Post
    My problem is in this sub of the class(printoporS).hot to read the data of the DGV located in the form3.
    No !

Your problem is that you you believe that is the issue and are looking for someone to reinforce your misunderstanding of the problem.

Trust the fact jmc and the others here have dealt with these situations many times and are asking you from very specific information so that they can instruct you on how to resolve your coding issue.

When you come asking for help, you have already admitted that you do not know what is going on so why not drop your ego and accept the help offered. If all you want is unquestioning support for your position, then go talk to your mother.

Addicted Member

What you are trying to say TnTinMN. Is this a social forum or what. If you dont have answer why the **** are you writing.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KRENAR View Post
    Is this a social forum or what.
    Yes this is a social forum that tries to help others with their programming problems. You have on the other side not allowed others to help or help others with similar problems by editing all your posts and basically censured everything. Because of that I can't see any reason why this thread should continue.

Thread closed.