Thread: [RESOLVED] About making a XHTML NavBar using raw HTML source code...

Resolved [RESOLVED] About making a XHTML NavBar using raw HTML source code...

Hello, I'm looking to have a NavBar that I have created to work with my Website that I own. I am also looking to have the NavBar to include Sub Menus, like Start -> Programs, for example. The project is as follows, in this Post's Attachments section...

!! Thanks in advance !!

Attachment 118701
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.

Re: About making a XHTML NavBar using raw HTML source code...

Hi there ThEiMp,

when attempting to open your attachment with "WinZip",
    I get the information as shown in the attached image.

Can you sort out this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Thanks for replying to me.

Yes, it's trying to open a PHP file. You have to download it and then rename the file with a ZIP extension and then open it, normally....
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Hi there ThEiMp,

that does not make any sense.

I did download your attachment, and it is a zip file...

-- Yes I know...

...and if I open it with "Notepad", I do not see PHP code, I see this...
    Code:

Rar! ϐs  
           æ«t - 3  Š  YŸ·“.E5    work.htm °RÙ•
    ÌÌý{ZðsSãoKb
    ¦À±¸,€;l¨-½HÄÍ«ó)Ç-ÝèJœD§¤§ rK@œ œˆ\îæææé;㻇NÿÇÙ˜xS~¼_<.}øw…•B.=Ü|DÐÊ_®Ö&'1í¾çǮ؜™Øç:$nÃUï|šJTKw*óR›h’M\â.u•\\Þ¿á£b`¡ö°6Êvzzžÿø$¹¹IdÚÄ™×ô©ê!6|Y]sÍ#ô<²éÅÁÄl¶Entsé…¤”ÊU΂½<ê^¯Jþ´¯sdvaP®?`ߢ.·ãº+w–̪‘þ” Ô¹Øâ¨Ñ°Èz-Q®3 ¬àz‰<7Vò!Ëߘ+^ˆßÒC¨JªÖrðDè±Ø@OA[Ðçœ!ó(³ä:b¢:YNª
    þN»f$e
    'QS:¼å±\î)Á¾Êe¶r÷”¢nå“1¦±%⨼ŸÓk-É#üé×t1âv ÉM°„/2±ÌåÝ 
    á?Áí½Ûâq¯0íºõ»D’÷ÝLx2øV¨´~ŠfÊÎс¸Œ‡C_(ÍËAó_k‘*ÝA¸ÔО±~Í^ˆÔ»ÙT¤éµóÏ ööýÛƒ¸HVi(]*t»ÅBúßNlÉ)@¢šÓ…Dڍª**ˆ
    š®ŠæH÷ëÊ)Ð-XR€î©Ø3ci«O¤ýgå$iéS¤M!9ß.úHð ÅŠV[üÄÄ={ @ 

Rename the file that you downloaded as Web1.zip and then extract the filename work.htm and the file that I had initially posted was an XHTML file...

...and I get...

Do you have WinZip or WinRAR on your system. That could be the reason. Also that you have to be running either WinXP, Win7 or even Windows 8/8.1 to be able to open this type of file...

Hi there ThEiMp,

I am running "Windows 7" and "WinZip 15.0".

Both of these items work faultlessly for me.

"WinZip 15.0" even points out corrupted files for me.

As you initiated this thread, I would humbly suggest that
    it is not me that has an unresolved problem, but you.

Sorry I will post the newer version of the Source Code ZIP file, really soon like tomorrow morning when I have the newest version of it, on my system. Thanks for the help...

Here is the newer version of the Project Files that feature what I have the problem in. I am having problems trying to write a special NavBar MenuBar console. The problem entails how do I spread out the MenuBar tabs, like something to be extended to the whole screen of the Browser Window would be great if that could happen. Seeing that I am working towards having even touch screens work on this Website of mine. The problem is that I want to work with a Table command process and then also work from XHTML and then nothing more. To the very extent of the matter I wish to also work from using the A HREF tag for my hyperlinks...

Attachment 118773

sorry mate, but your problem persists...

Perhaps you could create a fiddle to explain your problem?

Any of these would do:

http://codepen.io/
    http://jsfiddle.net/
    http://www.cssdesk.com/
    http://jsbin.com/
    CSS layout comes in to the 21st century with flexbox!
    Just another Perl hacker,

...or learn how to make a proper zip file attachment.

It does not require a degree in rocket science.

Right one last time, I have made the attachment. It's not me, it's the Forum's Server, I think that corrupts my attachment. Then here it goes...

Attachment 118839

It still is named: The Attachment.php, so then you just have to rename the Attachment to Web1.zip and then open it, after you have downloaded it from this Forum...

Well it's defentanly the Forum's Server doing this to my Attachment.

This is the whole file that I am working with. Here is the problem when working with the NavBar, that I cannot be able to make Sub Menus and also to completely make them to work that kind of compleleness that I am looking for...
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><title>Ambra Productions Inc.</title><meta name=Description content="This is a Social Networking Website that features many aspects of Social Networking of the Twenty-First Century, at it's Best that it has to offer you as a computer systems programmer!!"/><meta name="Keywords" content="horoscope, star sign, sun signs, daily horoscope, weekly horoscope, free horoscope, astrology, webmail, computer, digital artworks, artworks, digital, electronic mail, yahoo astrology, online horoscope, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, mobile, sim cards, sims, mobile contracts, contracts, mobile phones, cell phones, cars for sale, cars for hire, businesses for sale, jobs, computer work, electronic power, trucks for sale, trucks for hire, car servicing, truck servicing, movies for hire, movies for sale, series for hire, series for sale, advertising, electronic advertising, medicine, doctors, pharmacy, drug stores, email, land for sale, blocks for sale, land for hire, offices for lease, offices for sale, Tarot readings, email readings, phone readings, television readings, chat readings, p2p, peer to peer networking, networking, social networking, chat, file transfers, html, dhtml, xhtml, php, javascript, qbasic, visual basic, visual suite, director, browsers, web browsers, flash, adobe, symantec, norton, photoshop, technician, data installations, software virus removed from systems, computer help, computer programming, computer data entry, data bases, db, dbase, spreadsheets, word processors, word documents, documents, word, excel, access, powerpoint, outlook, photo, audio, movie, video, games, software, hardware, applications, activex, activex computer programming, activex programming, programming, ole, com, C#, .net, jet, office, microsft, ibm, apple, google, facebook, hotmail, windows programming, web cloud programming, windows application programming, 8-Bit, 16-Bit, 24-Bit, 32-Bit, 64-Bit, 128-Bit, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one"/><style type="text/css"> 

#navbar ul { 
    	margin: 0; 
    	padding: 0px; 
    	list-style-type: none; 
    	text-align: left; 
    	background-color: #CCCCCC;
    	} 

#navbar ul li {  
        margin: 0; 
    	list-style-type: none; 
    	text-align: left; 
    	} 

#navbar ul li a { 
    	text-decoration: none; 
    	color: #000000;
    	} 

#navbar ul li a:hover { 
    	color: #000000;
    	background-color: #fff; 
    	} 
    body {
    	background-image: url(../URL/images/BackGround1.jpg);
    	margin-left: 0px;
    	margin-top: 0px;
    	margin-right: 0px;
    	margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    </style><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head> 

<body><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" bordercolordark="#000000" bordercolorlight="#000000"><font color="#FFFFFF"><em>No current Usernames have been detected as being logged into this Terminal...</em></font></td></tr></table><div id="navbar"><ul><li><a href="#" target="main"> Home</a><a href="#" target="main"> Products</a><a href="#" target="main"> News</a><a href="#" target="main"> Media</a><a href="#" target="main"> Astrology</a><a href="#" target="main"> Support</a><a href="#" target="main"> Internet</a><a href="#" target="main"> Services</a><a href="#" target="main"> Help</a><a href="#" target="main"> Console</a><a href="#" target="main"> Notifcations</a><a href="#" target="main"> Messages</a></li></ul></div></body></html>
    !! Thanks in advance !!

Quote Originally Posted by coothead View Post
    Both of these items work faultlessly for me.
    The zip downloads correctly for me using Firefox, not sure about other non Internet Explorer browsers but I know Internet Explore does that when downloading files! There are several threads in the Feedback Forum section regarding the issue and they will tell you basically what ThEiMp has already told you.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Great!!

Thanks for your help in this. So then I wasn't going mad or had a Virus, in which it wasn't a Virus on-board that file. Just that it was incompatible with the Forum. Maybe that I am running 64-Bit WinRAR, instead...

Hi there ThEiMp

Here is you code somewhat rejuvenated with drop down examples...
    Code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html  lang="en">
    <head>

<meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<title>Ambra Productions Inc.</title>

<style> 
    *{
        margin:0; 
        padding:0; 
        list-style-type:none; 
     }
    body {
        background-color:#f9f9f9;
        background-image: url(../URL/images/BackGround1.jpg);
        font-family:verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;
        font-size:100%;
     }
    #header {
        line-height:1.6;
        margin-bottom:10px;
        background-color:#333;
        font-style:oblique;
        font-weight:900;
        color:#fcfcfc;
        text-indent:2em;
     }
    #navbar {
        padding:0 10px;
     }
    #navbar:after {
        content:'';
        display:block;
        clear:both;
     }
    #navbar ul { 
        position:relative;
        float:right;
        right:50%;
     } 
    #navbar ul li {  
        position:relative;
        float:left;
        left:50%;
        margin-left:-1px;
        border-top:1px solid #000;
        border-bottom:1px solid #000;
        background-color:#000;	
        box-shadow:0 3px 3px #999;
     }
    #navbar ul li:hover ul { 
     }	
    #navbar ul li a {
        line-height:1.8;
        padding:0 0.6em;
        margin:0 1px;
        background-color:#ccc;
        background-image:linear-gradient(to bottom,#eee,#bbb);
        color:#000;	
        white-space:nowrap;	
        text-decoration:none; 	
     } 
    #navbar ul li a:hover { 
        color:#000;
        background-color:#fff; 
        background-image:none;
        box-shadow:inset 0 0 5px #666;
     } 
    #navbar ul ul{
        display:none;
        position:absolute;
        z-index:2;
        right:auto;
        left:0;
        border:1px solid #000;
        border-top:0;
        box-shadow:3px 3px 3px #999;
     }
    #navbar ul ul li{
        float:none;
        left:auto;
        border-top:0;
     }
    #navbar ul ul li:last-of-type{
        border-bottom:0;
     }
    #navbar ul ul a {
        margin-right:0;
     }
    </style>

</head> 
    <body>

<div id="header">
    No current Usernames have been detected as being logged into this Terminal...
    </div>

<div id="navbar">
    <ul>
     <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
     <li><a href="#">Products ▼</a>
      <ul>
       <li><a href="#">link one</a></li>
       <li><a href="#">link two</a></li>
       <li><a href="#">link three</a></li>
       <li><a href="#">link four</a></li>
      </ul></li>   
     <li><a href="#">News ▼</a>
      <ul>
      </ul></li>
     <li><a href="#">Media ▼</a>
       <ul>
      </ul></li>
     <li><a href="#">Astrology ▼</a>
       <ul>
      </ul></li> 
     <li><a href="#">Support</a></li>
     <li><a href="#">Internet ▼</a>
       <ul>
      </ul></li> 
     <li><a href="#">Services</a></li>
     <li><a href="#">Help ▼</a>
      <ul>
      </ul></li> 
     <li><a href="#">Console</a></li>
     <li><a href="#">Notifcations ▼</a>
      <ul>
      </ul></li>
     <li><a href="#">Messages</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div><!-- end #navbar -->

</body>
    </html>
    Last edited by coothead; Sep 17th, 2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: tpynig eorrr !!!

So then could you please help me, with my problem with the programming of the MenuBar???

!! Thanks in advance !!

So then could you please help me, with my problem with the programming of the MenuBar???
    What is it that you think I have done in my previous post.

Well I also have a problem with showing the visibility of a certain Layer in XHTML. For instance I have the Layer called: Home. Which is meant to appear at the specific position in the Document, in which had been specified during DesignTime. Therefore when the Table, with the hyperlink on it, is clicked then it will make the Layer, which is called: Home to appear. When the hyperlink or another position of the Document, is clicked then it will disappear and then stay in the position where it had appeared at...

!! Thanks in advance !!