Thread: Autoscrolling to bottom of datagridview

Autoscrolling to bottom of datagridview

My application adds rows to a datagridview, but when it adds rows past the bottom of the visible datagridview on the form I want the grid to scroll up so that the last entry is always shown and the user doesn't have to manually scroll to the bottom.

PowerPoster

Re: Autoscrolling to bottom of datagridview

Code:
    Private Sub DataGridView1_RowsAdded(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowsAddedEventArgs) Handles DataGridView1.RowsAdded
       DataGridView1.FirstDisplayedScrollingRowIndex = e.RowIndex + e.RowCount - 1
    End Sub

The grid can't actually scroll past the last row being at the bottom of the grid so you can simply specify the last row as the first displayed row and the grid will just scroll as far as it can.
    Code:
    Me.DataGridView1.FirstDisplayedScrollingRowIndex = Me.DataGridView1.RowCount - 1

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    The grid can't actually scroll past the last row being at the bottom of the grid so you can simply specify the last row as the first displayed row and the grid will just scroll as far as it can.
    Code:
    Me.DataGridView1.FirstDisplayedScrollingRowIndex = Me.DataGridView1.RowCount - 1
    As the OP has phrased the question, this is probably valid. However it presumes that the added row will be positioned as the last displayed row. If the control is subject to sorting this may not be the case. Using the event with its supplied data will work in all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by TnTinMN View Post
    As the OP has phrased the question, this is probably valid. However it presumes that the added row will be positioned as the last displayed row. If the control is subject to sorting this may not be the case. Using the event with its supplied data will work in all cases.
    Valid point.