Thread: Excel Developer Required - small project

Excel Developer Required - small project

I have a simple project (not simple for me I hasten to add):

I have written the formatting and formula's I need to apply to two columns in a spread sheet.

We export the spread sheet form a custom application (differently named each time) several times a day each time it has the same format, first 8 (header) rows remain unchanged but the row count and values for the remainder of the sheet are different each time. It has 11 columns and two of the columns which act on the others I want to change the way they calculate and display their data.

We can achieve what we want by cutting and pasting (or I could write a macro - which would take me an age) but ideally what I seek is a background formula we can load into excel, after we open the spread sheet we use a shortcut key (or similar) to apply the code which changes the two columns and conditional formatting then we re save it

I have a functional specification I can send to any interested parties who are willing to tender for the work. Can't think it's more than 2-4 hours for a competent developer (once they have absorbed my spec).

Jon F

Re: Excel Developer Required - small project

Moderator Action: As per jifen's request, thread closed.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram