Thread: defining properties[SOLVED]

Unhappy defining properties[SOLVED]

I am new in VB 2012, coming from VBA

When defining properties, I wonder if there is any simplication to avoid the verbose definition of all private variables and all the property get/set declarations. Imagine a class with 30 properties.. a lot of typing!!
    thanks
    Last edited by amc4042; Aug 21st, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Re: defining properties

When you have already typed PROP you just have to press the Tab twice then just modify the different parts of the Property.
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Frenzied Member

or you can use this if its simple getter/setter:

Code:
    public property xy as string
    it looks like public var but it gets compiled to a property

That's the method I use... only time I deviate from that is when I need some logic behind it.

It's also probably worth noting this only works in VB2010 and newer (2012 & 2013) ... for earlier versions you still need to use the verbose method. Dee-U's method does help aleviate some of that though.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *