Thread: [RESOLVED] open access file that is missing it's mdw in office 2013

King of sapila

Resolved [RESOLVED] open access file that is missing it's mdw in office 2013

Trying open the file will state that i do not have the necessary permissions to open the file.
    C:\Users\ac>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\myaccessdb.mdb" /WRKGRP "C:\Users\ac\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Access\System
    .mdw" /user

That is supposed to take the default permissions and open the file but noooo.

So i have tried everything, i created a new db and tried to import, created a new db with system.mdw and tried to import, created a new mdw (will ask later) and tried to open db, join the new mdw and tried to open, used open office, used another user, used admin, danced around the laptop at the beach, went for a swim, suntanned and then dance around the laptop. Nothing works.

My last attempt was to open an mdw file and see the permissions. Here i can see that all the groups do not have any permissions set but when i try to change permissions, i get this:

Name:  zxUntitled.jpg
Views: 2484
Size:  28.3 KB

So am i not supposed to change permissions? I am system admin in the laptop.

Any help?
    Thanks.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

Re: open access file that is missing it's mdw in office 2013

Never mind, I "bought" a recovery software and microsoft mdw stupidity is a no need.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] open access file that is missing it's mdw in office 2013

So after i fixed it, i found the easiest solution that was to use compact and repair database from MSAccess!!
    I've read 100 articles and 100 monkeys were suggesting the /WRKGRP solution and it was all a matter of a compact database!
    What the?!
    I'm trying to rate myself now, ahh......Arrrrr......Mmmmmffffff.......BFfff, i can't i can't i can't!!! Argggg!!!