Thread: How to Setup Startup Form in a VB.NET DLL Object

How to Setup Startup Form in a VB.NET DLL Object

Hello I am looking to have a Startup Form, which is named: frmMain, to be setup as the Master Startup Form for my DLL Object Project. However I am unable to do this on my own power, I need more steam to do so, also that looking at the Object's Project, that I know how to do this in Visual Basic, but then unable to do this in the .NET version of Visual Basic. Can I please have some help, that I require...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Frenzied Member

Re: How to Setup Startup Form in a VB.NET DLL Object

You can't set the startup object for a DLL. Any initialisation needs to be done in "sub new":

Code:
    Class Class1
       Sub New()
          REM Put your initialization code here.
       End Sub
    End Class

In short, you don't. DLLs don't have an entry point the way an EXE project would, so there's no startup form setting. While you can have forms in DLLs and you can invoke them... I'm not sure what you mean by "the Master Startup Form for my DLL Object Project" ... Also the constructor as Peter noted is for a class... not the DLL... so you'd have to have it for each class... but I'm not convinced a form is the right way to go in any case. I'd probably get plenty ticked if I got hit with a form everytime I instanciated a class.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Well I am trying to write a System FRIENDLY bho.dll console, that I have half written in Visual Basic 6.00 and then moved it onto the newer pastures of the VB.NET Framework. I also have the registration command, which I have to invoke every time the URL is accessed and then when the WebBrowser is closed then I have to use that space of time to remove the registration of the bho.dll from the current machine...

!! Thanks in helping me in this problem of mine !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Right I have implemented the New handler into the DLL's Project, as what you have said to do. Also frmMain = a Form, so then do I called that using: frmMain.Show(Me) or not???

Can someone help me write a registration cmd file for Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 for the Project in the Attachments section of this Post???

!! Thanks in advance !!

Attachment 117759

Okay then I have been able to write a cmd file using Notepad, and then how do I go about shelling the cmd file in XHTML???

Problem #2: Now how do I execute the cmd file, when it is on the remote intenet server and is found in the address of: !! Click Here !!

!! Thanks in advance !!