Thread: [RESOLVED] PM disabled for newly registered user?

Resolved [RESOLVED] PM disabled for newly registered user?

Hi,

I've just registered here, I have tried to skim through the forum help, FAQ and AUP policy, but I can't seem to find the answer. I apologise if this should be already obvious.

Could anyone tell me if PM system is disabled by default for a newly registered user (such as myself)?

Thanks

Re: PM disabled for newly registered user?

Yes it is disabled to new people...for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Yes it is disabled to new people...for a while
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the clarification.

Being an administrator, can I assume you read the incoming "contact us" e-mail in the bottom or the site and/or read the "report post". May I contact you directly?

Thanks.

If you do not have access to the Private Message system you can still contact the staff via several methods,

1. Post a new thread in the Feedback Forum (as you have done with this thread)
    2. Email the staff member via the forum email system! The staff list is found here
    3. Leave the staff member a visitor message
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hi Nighwalker83

Thanks for the tips

I can't disclose the message in public thread/visitor message as this matter I'd like to discuss with the administrator is work-related. That leaves #2.. however I don't see the link to e-mail staff, perhaps this functionality is also disabled for new people.

I have used the "contact us" form in the bottom, but I'm still awaiting for the reply.

Work related like you want to post a job? There is an appropriate section for that if that is what you want.
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Quote Originally Posted by arya.s View Post
    Hi Nighwalker83

Thanks for the tips

I can't disclose the message in public thread/visitor message as this matter I'd like to discuss with the administrator is work-related. That leaves #2.. however I don't see the link to e-mail staff, perhaps this functionality is also disabled for new people.
    If the staff member is contactable you with either see "Send PM" or "Email" on the right-hand side under their username. Depending on which method the staff member has allowed contact to be made. For example Steve R Jones currently allows you to contact him via both "Send PM" or "Email". All you need to do is click the appropriate button, fill in the form and click the send button, your contact details are sent along with the message.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Quote Originally Posted by dee-u View Post
    Work related like you want to post a job? There is an appropriate section for that if that is what you want.
    No. work-related as in I'm not authorized by my employer to disclose the matter being discussed in the message to general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    If the staff member is contactable you with either see "Send PM" or "Email" on the right-hand side under their username. Depending on which method the staff member has allowed contact to be made. For example Steve R Jones currently allows you to contact him via both "Send PM" or "Email". All you need to do is click the appropriate button, fill in the form and click the send button, your contact details are sent along with the message.
    Those link weren't there, but it looks like the PM system has already been enabled for me, so it appears I can PM and e-mail any member now. This thread is resolved.

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

Those link weren't there, but it looks like the PM system has already been enabled for me, so it appears I can PM and e-mail any member now. This thread is resolved.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools".

No. work-related as in I'm not authorized by my employer to disclose the matter being discussed in the message to general public.
    Hmmmnnn... Are you after a member who is your workmate?
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Re: [RESOLVED] PM disabled for newly registered user?

Please note that VBForums is a community about sharing information with other members and the Visual Basic and developer community as a whole. The ideas is that others might have the same questions and thus we can share what is learned and share what we know.

If your employer or company has stated to avoid having public discussions, then I would speculate that they also don't want you posting conversations that are going to be recorded on a third party's servers under which they have no control. VBforums is not intended to be a private messaging system.

"I'm just sayin'....."

Brad!
    Side note - I can also be contacted as the lead content admin on this forum - bjones ,at, Quinstreet ,dot, com.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [RESOLVED] PM disabled for newly registered user?

Quote Originally Posted by dee-u View Post
    Hmmmnnn... Are you after a member who is your workmate?
    No.. if I was after my workmate doesn't it make more sense if I just met him/her directly at workplace

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Please note that VBForums is a community about sharing information with other members and the Visual Basic and developer community as a whole. The ideas is that others might have the same questions and thus we can share what is learned and share what we know.

If your employer or company has stated to avoid having public discussions, then I would speculate that they also don't want you posting conversations that are going to be recorded on a third party's servers under which they have no control. VBforums is not intended to be a private messaging system.

"I'm just sayin'....."

Brad!
    Side note - I can also be contacted as the lead content admin on this forum - bjones ,at, Quinstreet ,dot, com.
    You're absolutely right. I'm not trying to discuss "company secrets" or some sort per se, All I need was to PM a poster in this forum to talk about company's matters, but it's all settled after I managed to get his phone number and talk to him directly.. anyway I'm sorry for bothering you mods with my e-mail, and thanks to Steve R. Jones for his kind help.

Thanks again everyone