Thread: Search files in folder tree recursively and asynchronously (New Scrollio Ver 4)

Frenzied Member

Search files in folder tree recursively and asynchronously (New Scrollio Ver 4)

This is a simple Viewer for Zooming big images, and an example for scrollio control, LargeBar, dib processing and an example of how to search files in folder tree recursively and asynchronously.

We going a step ahead with this example. Now we can open a folder and we can search in that folder and all folders under that for a list of file types, and saved in a list sorted by time modified, for each folder. This was done with a class using WithEvents.

Also we have an advanced scrollio and an advance largebar. Now with up arrow and down arrow we can zoom the scrollio using equal step of zooming. Now the LargeBar can modified to use for clicking a smallchange as a logarithmic one. LargeChange change as before.
    Scrollio now can hide mouse pointer so can display in code in the form (out of scrollio) our drawing as mouse pointer. Also I found the solution for a previously problem, of how with only a mouse move event can simulate the mouse down..So now we can scroll the scrollio in reverse without the starting jump... So now we can move the pointer in any point in the image, with auto scrolling, as we move it. Use shift + control to use the other way of moving, pushing (this is the default is scrollio control and the scrolling at the direction of pointer is out of scrollio, in code in the form and translate the X,Y to the default method. One method for two...). Also shift only or control only... make the move to one axis only.
    I use ISHF_Ex.tlb for opening folders dialog.

I want this program to run wuth WINE in linux...so I found a way to reduce the entering to mousemove event.
    In xp there isn't problem (i run it in a virtualbox) but in linux the time slicing is different.
    Code:
    Private Sub paper_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, y As Single)
    Static timestamp As Double
    If timestamp = 0 Then timestamp = Timer
    If (timestamp + 0.05) > Timer Then Exit Sub
    timestamp = Timer
    My last problem is the dir function in linux...from wine return the name of file in small letters...(isn't case sensitive). But the paths are ok...l found that some files are readed and other not even they have capital letters both.

Version 4 arrive..
    You can crop to the viewport, you can crop and copy to clipboard, you can paint with a brush (left button green and right button white ) (use shift and contol for paint horizntal or vertical lines, use both to move to any place in the image without painting). Sliders for opacity and size of brush.
    The new for painting is that we can paint with auto scrolling (version 3 has auto scrolling too but not so good and not with painting procedure. )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by georgekar; Aug 13th, 2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Version 4