Thread: Issue while creating exe file

Addicted Member

Issue while creating exe file

Hello,
    I'm working in vb6. When I goto File-> Make name.exe It doesn't creates .exe and only shows compiling message. If I end task it and again start vb and again create .exe then it creates the .exe file. I don't know why its happens. Sometimes I've to end task for 3-4 times.

One more thing it creates duplicate files when I create .exe l like if I've menuform.obj then it creates menuform1.obj next time menuform2.obj. I've Windows 7 SP1. Does anyone face this issue.? Kindly suggest the solution.

Re: Issue while creating exe file

I faced that problem once before and only because I had a hundred arrayed ImageBoxes containing heavily stretched high quality images! hopefully the VB6 package and deployment wizard can do a better job. give it a try!
    Code is the Void

At one point the wizard will compile your project before creating a setup package for it. after the compilation is over, you can cancel the wizard.
    Code is the Void

Addicted Member

Okay will try using Package and Deployment Wizard.

PowerPoster

I would expect the same result using the PD wizard as it is calling the same compiler as the IDE does

Well try manually patching the CAB File and then copy an older Setup.lst file and then make it like that it was made by the PD Wizard. I had to I had the very same problem, just about four months ago. I used WinZip to make the CAB file...
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Well try manually patching the CAB File and then copy an older Setup.lst file and then make it like that it was made by the PD Wizard. I had to I had the very same problem, just about four months ago. I used WinZip to make the CAB file...
    You do know that that has nothing to do with making an exe.

The poster is having a problem creating the exe not the cab file