dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Automation error: The specific module could not be found

Resolved [RESOLVED] Automation error: The specific module could not be found

Hi,

While attempting to run one of my projects that makes use of vbRichClient version 5 I receive the following error:

Runtime error '214707024770 (8007007e)':
    Automation error
    The specific module could not be found

This is the line that is highlighted

Code:
     Set SrfFFT = Cairo.CreateSurface(200, 168)
    Edit:

The code I am using is in post #45 in this thread.

If I comment out the whole block of code then the project runs fine. I have "vbRichClient5" referenced in the project which as not been touched since it last worked back in May. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Aug 9th, 2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Adding more!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: Automation error: The specific module could not be found

In design view, press F2 and search for CreateSurface after selecting the vbRichClient15 in the top-left dropdown box. Does it show? If it does, what is Cairo? Maybe that's the offending portion of that line of code? Just guessing here
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

I just looked and while the class is listed that particular method does not appear in the list but all the others do. No, the offending part in the "CreateSurface" it should be listed but it is not.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    While attempting to run one of my projects that makes use of vbRichClient version 5 I receive the following error:

Runtime error '214707024770 (8007007e)':
    Automation error
    The specific module could not be found
    As LaVolpe said - check in your ObjectExplorer (using F2), what's wrong
    with the Project-Reference to 'vbRichClient5' (it is perhaps not found,
    at the place you usually place the 3 framework-Dlls).

In case everything is properly registered, and your Project-Reference is
    fine, you should see (in your ObjectExplorer, after selecting vbRichClient5,
    and searching for e.g. the string 'create'):

And as for the Cairo-Variable which is "somehow visible" without
    being defined anywhere...

This is ensured with an appropriate compile-flag (the behaviour is BTW
    the same for the New_c Variable, which is of type cConstructor - whilst
    Cairo is of type cCairo).

Make sure, you have downloaded and properly registered the last toolset-
    version - and then make sure you check-in the vbRichClient5 Project-reference
    over the appropriate Dialogue again (into your projects *.vbp - in case it got
    lost somehow).

Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    Make sure, you have downloaded and properly registered the last toolset-
    version - and then make sure you check-in the vbRichClient5 Project-reference
    over the appropriate Dialogue again (into your projects *.vbp - in case it got
    lost somehow).
    That appears to be what happened! I had backed the dlls up and then went to run the project and found it had the above error so I checked the directory of the project I am running but the "vbRC5BaseDlls" folder have disappeared. Only the "vbRichClient5" dll was in the root directory where as I had referenced for the "vbRC5BaseDlls" directory where all the dlls were originally located. Anyway, downloading them from you site and referencing "vbRichClient5.dll" again solved the problem.