Thread: how to manage dataset with MySql/BSD

how to manage dataset with MySql/BSD

Hi,
    I using Visual studio 2012 Ultimate with MySQL Databases under FreeBSD 10, i have programming the parametre's requetes, but for an question to speed ! i must do the connection at use dataset for quickely developpement. i cannot to write into Mysql to use dadaset functions, Map a database tables, Map joint table, Map viewers, etc...

Regards
    Philippe

Re: how to manage dataset with MySql/BSD

There's presumably a bit of a language barrier but I'm afraid that it's unclear exactly what you're asking for. Can you try rephrasing your question to make it a bit clearer?

In general, if you want to connect to a MySQL database from a .NET application then you should download and install Connector/Net from MySQL.org. It's a MySQL-specific ADO.NET provider that lets you connect to MySQL in pretty much exactly the same way that you would connect to SQL Server using the SqlClient provider that is part of the .NET Framework. It also includes Entity Framework support, so you can use EF instead of raw ADO.NET if you like.

Re: how to manage dataset with MySql/BSD

There's presumably a bit of a language barrier but I'm afraid that it's unclear exactly what you're asking for. Can you try rephrasing your question to make it a bit clearer?

In general, if you want to connect to a MySQL database from a .NET application then you should download and install Connector/Net from MySQL.org. It's a MySQL-specific ADO.NET provider that lets you connect to MySQL in pretty much exactly the same way that you would connect to SQL Server using the SqlClient provider that is part of the .NET Framework. It also includes Entity Framework support, so you can use EF instead of raw ADO.NET if you like.
    Off courses i have installed Mysql connector and also many version, i have also wrote about that i do SQL without dataset and this last mapping table with Sql connection to Mysql community server under FreeBSD 10.
    When i use dataset for don't using SQL and use typed dataset like Excel under a VB WinForm, Mapping the table, Mapping views !
    The output is the datagridview ! now i want to write to the database since then datagridview connected at a dataset object.

Regards
    Philippe
    Last edited by philo_neo; Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:16 PM.