Thread: [RESOLVED] make call etc with siemens optipoint 500

King of sapila

Resolved [RESOLVED] make call etc with siemens optipoint 500

Haven't touched this for ages. I was quite good at this but it's been 6 years so i have to find references again. I need to control a siemens optipoint 500, i remember that on windows old mobiles we used the the compact framework but i don't think this will do for a standard phone. IS there any API's i can P/Invoke? If, again am not wrong TAPI will do for modem devices, or if i am wrong, i can use TAPI? Any examples?
    I have found a siemens.h file but no example on using it.
    http://wiki.unify.com/wiki/CallBridge_Collection
    So any thoughts?
    Thanks.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Oporto & Leiria, Portugal / Luanda, Angola

Re: make call etc with siemens optipoint 500

I'm not really into Siemens, I've been programming this kind of devices but from Avaya and they all use a TAPI driver.
    Maybe you can try to look for a TAPI for Siemens: https://tapicall.de/einrichten/tapi-...iPoint_500.htm
    And you can look at some TAPI examples such in http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...nt-using-C-NET or http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...API-x-from-NET

good luck with your project
    ::Winamp 5.xx id3v2 & modern skin support::
    ::NetCF DataGrid Programatically Scroll Example::
    Don't forget to rate posts from those who helped you solving your problem, clicking on and rating it.

King of sapila

I have found 2 out of 3 example you gave before(the one in German is, in German so, i don't know what the beer is saying). So anyhow if TAPI works i'm cool with it. I was afraid it was for modem only. I have used the older C++ API's of Microsoft to control the old pocket PC's but never really tried on actual line phones.
    P.S. That Siemens phone only works on network connected phones so i am not sure what the want to do. Will find out in the morning.
    So, thanks, will post if anything strange is asked, the bridge example has the siemens.h class and is a 1st level ,meaning no examples or code but if i have to mesh with C , i guess there will be hell to pay.

King of sapila

So from my understanding and having the actual devices right here, they want to control the Siemens network center (h3000) with a phone attached (else the phone will not play by itself). I am able to open a 32 call (it's an operator call for the network device) with TAPI by installing Callbridge and/or TAPI network drivers. So i guess this is what they want, if anything strange is requested i will post again.Resolved for now...

Oporto & Leiria, Portugal / Luanda, Angola

Re: [RESOLVED] make call etc with siemens optipoint 500

Best of luck with your project Will be great to hear a bit more about it.
    In my case, I did use a simple API called "JulMar.Atapi"

Some things are just as easy as TapiManager("Phone.Net"). There are plenty of events that you can use easily.
    Last edited by TDQWERTY; Aug 7th, 2014 at 05:23 PM.
    ::Winamp 5.xx id3v2 & modern skin support::
    ::NetCF DataGrid Programatically Scroll Example::
    Don't forget to rate posts from those who helped you solving your problem, clicking on and rating it.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] make call etc with siemens optipoint 500

I believe the final test will be held today. I had lot of issues as i first needed a 4 colors phone cable (as the market ones just use 2 colors - wires), then i needed to unplug the whole telephone center just to test that it can open a phone line (as the Siemens center requires to be the only one in the line) and i also needed to get into the Siemens BIOS and reset the open line number (that is the zero button that you press to open the line) because it just got reset if i used it in the phone network with another center present. Good times!