Thread: hook to a open socket and connection

Lively Member

hook to a open socket and connection

how can you use a winsock or any control to hook to a already exsisting open connection ...

PowerPoster

Re: hook to a open socket and connection

Why do you want eves drop on an open connection?

Lively Member

hook to connection

ok i have a chat client that is connecting to a server i want to be able to send data to that connection i dont know if this is possible ive seen people use a hook to make it where they could manipulate incoming and outgoing data ..
    so say the client conncts to 65.41.1.13:89899 i want to be able to use the data incoming as well as be able to send to this connection without closeing the client with a vb project .......hence my reason is i cant seem to crack the login but i would like to make a vb proj that can use the data and send to that connection as to have a 3rd party client which is just a hook to the real client...

PowerPoster

Re: hook to connection

Quote Originally Posted by josh230526 View Post
    ok i have a chat client that is connecting to a server i want to be able to send data to that connection i dont know if this is possible ive seen people use a hook to make it where they could manipulate incoming and outgoing data ..
    so say the client conncts to 65.41.1.13:89899 i want to be able to use the data incoming as well as be able to send to this connection without closeing the client with a vb project .......hence my reason is i cant seem to crack the login but i would like to make a vb proj that can use the data and send to that connection as to have a 3rd party client which is just a hook to the real client...
    Why would you want to do all this? Besides stealing login usernames/password/conversations or malware/trojan.

Lively Member

hook to app i am in no way trying to do malicious things with this

ok for instance yahoo messenger had a prog called yhook that you loogged in on yahoo and then you manuvered through the server with your hooked app im doing this or ttrying to because i cant crack the login so im trying to let it do the login and then manipulate my proj to be the client as to have more functionality and its not yaqhoo im just useing that as a example of why i would do this see if i oculd do this i could make it easier to access things on there server and customize more!!!!!

This topic will probably be locked. What you're asking could be adapted towards malicious purposes.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Lively Member

malicious?

how is this malicious its to make a third party client of sorts to use with your own id and pass no malisiouc ideas or even possiblitys from what i am trying to do its to make a third party client not to hook to someone elses i mean its on your pc and it doesnt connect outward to any ip it oly hooks to a chat client so you can use there server capabilitys such as im chat talk or whatever but in your own i guess platform with custom view and easier accessed option which already exist i think you and others may not understand my point......ok i open a chat client with my login info and the data in and out also is sent to my "hooked project" so if say i know the join room data i can send it with a simple menu shortcut i implement in my proj instead of haveing to load a room list in ther e client if this is malicious please explain how so i know where i am stating the wrong thing

You misunderstand. I didn't suggest that you were doing anything malicious. This is a public forum and if anyone can show you how to do this, someone else could take the solution to use in something wicked.

Nonetheless, what you're asking is possible but it is not going to be easy. You're probably going to have to fiddle around with raw sockets and that's not even the biggest issue. Unless you have the specs for the protocol that yahoo messenger uses, you're in for a very painful experience trying to decipher it in your own.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

I used to do this sort of stuff with Yahoo games and IM chat. Unless you know the internals of how Yahoo works you wont be able to do this.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Josh, I genuinely don't know whether your intentions are malicious or not and I'm hapy to give you the benefit of the doubt however:-
    1. Any answer could be used for malicious purposes. If not by you then by anyone else who read the thread
    2. If the chat client in question was intended to allow you to hoook in in this way then they would have provided an API to allow you to do so. So that means you're attempting to use a piece of third party software in a manner in which the developers/vendors did not intend.

With those two points in mind I hope you'll understand why I'm closing this thread.

Regards
    FD
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd