Thread: Posting a new thread question

PowerPoster

Posting a new thread question

I open a new thread and type in my text. As soon as I click on Submit many times (but not always) I see that there are already three or more views. How can that be?

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Re: Posting a new thread question

Your own view counts. If you click the same thread 10 times it will add 10 views.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

I know that but I'm not clicking the thread multiple times. I type my message then press Submit and that's all I do and yet I see more than one view. I always see one view but why two or more. How can people view my thread before I submit it or is it because they see my thread before I see it?

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Bots.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Bots.
    Works for me

There are currently 2962 users online. 37 members and 2925 guests

I've always wondered about that. I would guess that a fair number of the guests are lurkers, or those who ended up here from a Google search, but bots are pretty likely, too.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Works for me

There are currently 2962 users online. 37 members and 2925 guests
    Maybe you new a new message:

There are currently 2962 users online. 37 members, 2900 guests, and 25 bots

I suspect that the number of guests and bots might be reversed.

By the way, if a bot answers your question...you should give up programming.

Just imagine! There's a bot, poking around in the forum, hoovering up information, links, email addresses left unguarded, and whatever else, when suddenly it notices a question that is so pathetically easy that even its dubious bot-brain thinks, "Yeah, man! I got this!"

If that ever happens to you....just give up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Please give up programming

Added by Site Administrator - Steve
    You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.

Good answer. Pretty fly for a bot guy.....I guess that makes you a bot-fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrickland View Post
    I know that but I'm not clicking the thread multiple times. I type my message then press Submit and that's all I do and yet I see more than one view. I always see one view but why two or more. How can people view my thread before I submit it or is it because they see my thread before I see it?
    I have the New Posts page open all day and just sit in front of it hitting F5 continually until I see your name show up. Sometimes I get so excited that my hand shakes on the mouse and I accidentally open the thread more than once.

PowerPoster

I can understand that

Quote Originally Posted by bot1 View Post
    Please give up programming

Why was this user banned ?
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

It was right there in the post

You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.
    We know who the person with multi accounts is

It was right there in the post
    You mean a mod put that there ? I thought the user put that there with humorous intent lol

I thought he was quoting me....which shows that I didn't even bother to read my own posts, let alone that one.

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

So soon there will be bot2?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    You mean a mod put that there ? I thought the user put that there with humorous intent lol
    There's an app for that
    I fixed the thread by adding-> Added by Site Administrator - Steve

There's an app for that
    I fixed the thread by adding-> Added by Site Administrator - Steve
    Hope you updated the app too

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post

Just imagine! There's a bot, poking around in the forum, hoovering up information, links, email addresses left unguarded, and whatever else, when suddenly it notices a question that is so pathetically easy that even its dubious bot-brain thinks, "Yeah, man! I got this!"

If that ever happens to you....just give up.
    How about if moti's yodamarker answers your question? You will have a sexy digital yodamarket on your feet, answering questions!
    Cheap anecdote just came to me. How would you tell a bot that runs on startup? boot. eeeeeeeeehhhhmmmmmmmm... yeah ok.
    Why did the bot crossed the road? He saw yodamarker.
    Knock knock. Who's there? Boot! Boot who? Just eat my o like a Doughnut and i became your nemesis!!!Ohhh brother, i suck at this.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Hitting the sauce a bit Sapator?

King of sapila

You wouldn't imagine
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·